Signed up for Camp!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

We're going to FlipFest 2011!!!! Put down the deposit and filled out the application form today! Bella's very excited.

And if she quits gymnastics between now and June, the kid is still going. I don't care if that makes me crazy gym mom but I can't eat $800 if she changes her mind! LOL

We were thinking of doing this, but I'm not sure. Has your daughter done a sleep-away camp before? My daughter will be 7 by this coming summer. Not sure if she's ready for overnight camp.

DD will be going to a summer gym camp this summer too. She's going to a camp at a university that has a college team. Her dad will be coaching there and she's going to tag along. She won't sleepover though.

We got the Woodward catalog last week. I haven't sent in the deposit yet though. I'm waiting to make sure that her team doesn't decide to go to YMCA Nationals because if they do, she's going to have to choose. I'm hoping the team won't go because I'd rather her go to camp.

We were thinking of doing this, but I'm not sure. Has your daughter done a sleep-away camp before? My daughter will be 7 by this coming summer. Not sure if she's ready for overnight camp.

No this will be her first. I encouraged her to do a college day camp instead but she has always wanted to do a "sleep in a cabin" type camp...even before she was in gymnastics.

I did go ahead and apply as a kitchen volunteer so hopefully I will be accepted and be able to at least be on the grounds. I think that would make it easier on her if she gets homesick.

I don't care if that makes me crazy gym mom but I can't eat $800 if she changes her mind! LOL

I'd join you on the crazy bus too. My dd went to IGC last year and there were girls who never did a day of gymnastics so I am guessing Bella will be ok no matter what. I am sure she will have a great time.

Wow! $800 that is quite expensive, how long is this camp for? In Australia there aren't any summer camps, instead the kids go on a school camp. They go for a week during the school year usually starting at about 8 or 9 years old. And it usually only costs about $150 for 5 days and 4 nights.

yeah my school does a camp away at borambola for 5 days and 4 nights its about 150 with rock climbing and canoeing ect. its really fun :)

Wow! $800 that is quite expensive, how long is this camp for? In Australia there aren't any summer camps, instead the kids go on a school camp. They go for a week during the school year usually starting at about 8 or 9 years old. And it usually only costs about $150 for 5 days and 4 nights.

These camps usually go from check in on Sunday afternoon to check out on Saturday morning, so 6 nights, 5 days.

Thanks Bella's mom! I may check out volunteering if she's interested in attending. We'll be at Flip Fest competition in a few weeks and I'm sure she'll see the display that they have there. She told me last year that she wanted to go, but I told her she wasn't old enough yet. Maybe I'm not ready for it! :)

FlipFest is check in Sunday around noon and then check out Friday around noon. They get two session of gymnastics of about three hours each and a third opportunity of open gym in the evening plus meals and all sorts of non-gymnastics recreational activities.

Thanks Bella's mom! I may check out volunteering if she's interested in attending. We'll be at Flip Fest competition in a few weeks and I'm sure she'll see the display that they have there. She told me last year that she wanted to go, but I told her she wasn't old enough yet. Maybe I'm not ready for it! :)

It's going to be a lot harder for me to leave her if I don't get the volunteer position. But I told her that was a possibiity and she said that she would still want to stay even if, as she puts it, they didn't want me. Awwww.....the ego stroke.

I wouldn't wait a few weeks if you're interested in working there. Those parent spots go very fast.

Well good luck in getting your spot. When do they let you know? Is the camp near where you live or will you drive there and stay in a hotel?

DD actually stayed at a sleep away camp with her entire team for a whole week this summer. She was only 6 and a half at the time. I thought she would cry like her older DD did, but no such thing happened. I was miserable, but she had a blast. Her coaches kept up with her and would ask if she wanted to call me. I swear one of them looked like they relished in the fact that she would tell them, " No, I'm okay!" They could have broken it to me gently! DD is far too independent. She isn't a baby anymore I guess!

Well good luck in getting your spot. When do they let you know? Is the camp near where you live or will you drive there and stay in a hotel?

They sent an acknowledgement email saying they would let me know by March 31st. The camp is in central TN and i live in central KY. I will drive her down regardless but then I'll probably drive home if I don't get the position.

Already!? I can't believe it's time to sign up! I went last year and I had a blast! My mom wants me to go to a college camp this year but I'm trying to get enough money to go to both. Wish me luck! ;) What week will your DD be going?

Thanks for the scoop! Think I will talk to some of the team moms when we go back Monday, see if any of my daughter's teammates are interested. I think she would enjoy it more if others she knows are also there. We live close to the camp (about an hour), so even if I didn't get a spot, I wouldn't be far away.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back