WAG so sad:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmytv

Coach
Coached my first 9.8 on beam two weeks ago. The little girl was so proud. Well, found out today that her mom died yesterday. :(

That is so so sad... Did the mom had the chance to see that 9.8 routine? I hope the girl will have plenty of support to go through that tough situation, especially as christmas is in a few of weeks...

Very sad. Makes all our concerns about fears, skills and scores seem a little more trivial. One of the girls on DD's team lost her father a couple years ago. We were all (gymmies and families) encouraged to keep things as normal as possible. It can be challenging for many in the gym.

Oh, that is terribly sad :( Vagymmomma is right...really puts things into perspective. Prayers for her, her family and you. I also hope her Mom got to see that routine and celebrate the accomplishment with her daughter. Makes the heart heavy to hear things like this...

yes, she did get to see her. She had been battling lupus for a long time but we all thought it was in remission. Just puts things in perspective. The little girl has the sweetest disposition.

My thoughts go out to the daughter and the rest of the family and all her friends during this sad time. Like others have said it really puts things into perspective!

So very sad. If she is anything like the rest of us on here she was a very very proud mama. The little girl will be in our prayers.

Such sad news. I will be keeping this little girl and the community surrounding her in my prayers, I'm sure you and the rest of her gym family will be a great source of comfort and sense of normalcy during this time.

What a bitter sweet moment. Losing anyone close is hard, and even harder at a young age.....but geez, losing your mother while growing up is just plain unfair. I hope you're able to help her beyond your role as a coach when the time comes that she needs help, and is able to let that happen.....because while losing mom just kind of "happened" to her, emotional recovery is a difficult and confusing process that won't just "happen".

I hope when you next see her, you're able to hint at the sentiments that we, and everyone around her, are feeling....but are unable to express.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back