Software Change for ChalkBucket

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Now I re-typed the text myself (no copy/paste) and it didn't work either. I'll give it a next try with a shorter text.

Now I re-typed the text myself (no copy/paste) and it didn't work either. I'll give it a next try with a shorter text.

Did you get the "internal server error"?

JBS this was before the upgrade by the way.

It took the ten individual pieces, we spent ages trying to copy and paste the whole doc. It was only after some digging that I realised it was part of the system that was stopping us, not really a glitch. Once we broke it up it was fine and it posted. The only hiccup then was the document formatting that I had to remove bit by bit as it just comes up as code, not formatting. It said "Internal server error" for the whole document so I played around with sizes until I struck gold!

But today I am very happy with the upgrade as I have my paragraphs back, it is a happy day.

Did you get the "internal server error"?

Yes I did....
Maybe you can already delete the 'test-post', as it is getting views and there's just a silly text...

Last edited:
Oke, I was typing the text myself, no copy/pasting, and after approximately 12 lines the error popped up, without me clicking on anything, I was just typing.
Pretty frustrating... I'm at least practicing my English :)
(No hard feelings though, it's just that I typed this same text already 10x I think...)

LOL! Your English is perfect!! Lad you found the limit, once you work that out try cutting and pasting using that 12 line limit!

LOL! Your English is perfect!! Lad you found the limit, once you work that out try cutting and pasting using that 12 line limit!
But I wasn't copying or pasting, I was just typing.
In my first reply I posted earlier this week, my reply was a lot longer.
Also the posts of other users are sometimes very long, but apparently I can't type texts this long.

'My English perfect', for a foreigner that is I suppose...
Thanks anyway :)

Hmm, very odd. Well I cannot quote a post, so we all have our teething problems. Hopefully JBS can work out the mystery, he is the tech guru here.

In the mean time I'll just try to help other coaches by replying to their threads, as replying does work, and just wait with my question until this problem is solved. I hope to hear from JBS soon than...

Hello! I updated something on my parents' computer and I can access the forum now! I have a few questions though.
1) The search function seems a little different, or at least when I try to look for past threads (more than 1 year old) it seems as if it can never find them. Just to check this, I tried to search for something very common- the "What's in your gym bag threads, and nothing appeared. I got a no content found message.
2)In the past format, on the right part of the homepage, there were the "new forum posts" and "new forum threads" boxes. Are those now combined into one, or is there still a distinction between the new posts and new threads (that was really helpful).
3)I noticed there is a new "trophy points" system, would you please explain that, as it is a tad confuzzling?
4) Oh, and one more (kind of silly) thing- my previous avatar came from the last site (it was one of those you could chose)- is there still an option to use those, or should I just find it on google images?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hello! I updated something on my parents' computer and I can access the forum now! I have a few questions though.
1) The search function seems a little different, or at least when I try to look for past threads (more than 1 year old) it seems as if it can never find them. Just to check this, I tried to search for something very common- the "What's in your gym bag threads, and nothing appeared. I got a no content found message.
2)In the past format, on the right part of the homepage, there were the "new forum posts" and "new forum threads" boxes. Are those now combined into one, or is there still a distinction between the new posts and new threads (that was really helpful).
3)I noticed there is a new "trophy points" system, would you please explain that, as it is a tad confuzzling?

Thank you very much!

1. We used google search before...because it is better. I will most likely install that again. For the time being just go to google.com and type "site:chalkbucket.com search term" and it will do the same thing. For example "site:chalkbucket.com what in gym bag"

2. I would like to add those back again...I'll have to look around and see what I can find.

3. Trophies are for gymnastics...not for the forum...I will probably disable them.

ChalkBucket has become what it is today because of all of the great staff and members on the site...all of you. The knowledge and experience that can be found here is great.

Thank you to all of you!

With that being said...ChalkBucket is in the beginning stages of transferring from our current forum software (vBulletin 4.2.1) to a newer software called Xenforo 1.2. More info on Xenforo can be found at http://www.xenforo.com...check out the forum there.

Please respond with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Man I go away on vacation for a week and BAM!!! The CB is all new. Guess I'll need a week to find everything again.

(At least my return works again)

Reactions: JBS
If you click on your name in the top right corner, it will bring you to your profile page. On the left hand side of that page there is a button that says join user groups. When you click on that it will bring you to a list of user groups click the "join group" button next to the groups you want to join and tada you've joined the group.

1. We used google search before...because it is better. I will most likely install that again. For the time being just go to google.com and type "site:chalkbucket.com search term" and it will do the same thing. For example "site:chalkbucket.com what in gym bag"

2. I would like to add those back again...I'll have to look around and see what I can find.

3. Trophies are for gymnastics...not for the forum...I will probably disable them.
I know I just came back after a vacation and am still looking around but what is a trophie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back