WAG Sparkly competition leo question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you :)
It has to do with her beam fear. Total panic fear of BWO. We actually met with HC as soon as states was over and they are going to work on a plan. I'm hoping that will help. But we cannot spend the whole summer in tears after every practice...
glad they are willing to work through it. There are other options and a fear of one skill shouldn't cause a gymnast to hang up her Leo.

I

Thank you :)
It has to do with her beam fear. Total panic fear of BWO. We actually met with HC as soon as states was over and they are going to work on a plan. I'm hoping that will help. But we cannot spend the whole summer in tears after every practice...

Does she gave any friends with similar issues? My DD has an off and on beam BWO fear. She has a few teammates to talk to about it and I think that helps her.

We know there are other options and I do believe (hope) that if she can't pull this together they will let her move on to something else. She wants to try the CW-CW connection on her home floor beam to see how it feels.

No immediate friends with the fear but last year she was around a lot while our level 10 was working through some fears. Which is good becaus when we got her a notebook for her plan, she was referencing watching the other girl keep track, etc. so that definitely helps :)

Just now scheduled a private with her favorite coach for tomorrow to start it off. To be there as she figured it all out, and she's very happy about that.

I'm keeping the faith!

And back to the original post - lol! - I am now thinking that the color change in her Leo is from friction and not deodorant. But we made it through the season and the white is still white so I'm thrilled!!

And back to the original post - lol! - I am now thinking that the color change in her Leo is from friction and not deodorant. But we made it through the season and the white is still white so I'm thrilled!!
Yes, this. The mystique fabrics have a back color and shiny stuff on top. It's best to avoid ones that are dark underneath and lighter spelled on top. We had one that was silver but underneath the shiny was black. All the girls had dark areas in the armpit.

Yes, this. The mystique fabrics have a back color and shiny stuff on top. It's best to avoid ones that are dark underneath and lighter spelled on top. We had one that was silver but underneath the shiny was black. All the girls had dark areas in the armpit.
One team we compete against regularly has silver mystique with a black base color... A couple girls have leos that has very dark gray instead of silver now. One mom was trying to "get rid of the underarm stains" which were friction discoloration... So she applied stain remover, soaked it in warm water, and washed it with regular detergent. Oops!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back