Off Topic Sports Nanny!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've been joking about getting one of these for awhile - but really a secret part of me really wants one. The sports nanny would drop my kids off at their various activities and stay until I could get there from work. It is so incredibly hard to get my kids into activities at times when the earlier I can start them is sometimes 6 or 6:30. Just about every place seems to cater to the families with one parent who is stay-at-home or the families where one parent goes to work insanely early so that he/she can get out of work early.

Just tonight my frustration is heightened because I'm looking for Twae Kwon Do for my almost 5 year and none of them have Saturday classes!!

So, I just may end up with a sports nanny at some point (laughs).

I actually know someone who has one!

They have 4 kids and the sports nanny has one of her own, both parents work full time and the sports nanny collects kids from school, feeds and takes to activities, parents usually pick them up!

(they are pretty rich though...)

I worked as a nanny for years. When I was in high school I looked after tons of kids, took them to ballet etc, fed them, cared for them and walked them home in the dark and the rain. I got paid and the parents got to stay at work later. Some of the kids were lovely, some were helions!

Makes me grateful that I drive and can use the car now!

I know a lot of people who have done something similar. They hire a responsible college student to pick the kids up from school and take them to their activities. If you have the money, it allows the parents to work. It's a nice part time job for a college student, and they can sit and study or whatever while the kids are in gymnastics/swimming/soccer/whatever.

Never heard of it but love the idea and love the title, "Sports Nanny'. Made me laugh!

I sort of had one of these last year. This year, I am leaving work early each day instead of having Fridays off so I can be my own sports nanny. It is exhausting!!!!

We sort of had ind of these last year :). We had a nanny pick up DD from preschool two days a week, one of the days was gym. This year we are going to split picks up with my mother in law to save some money in the fall but will have the nanny back in the spring. I think mil will love taking her to gym though.

My daughter has a 'sports nanny' for her child. The nanny picks up the child from school, corrects homework, and feeds her. Gives lots of love and hugs; and attends all meets. The costs is minimal, just a rare thank-you and a thousand hugs. There are many 'sports nannies' out there who also go by the same name: Granny, MiMi, GrandMa, or GrandMother. And you can bet, WE LOVE BEING SPORTS NANNIES!

My daughter has a 'sports nanny' for her child. The nanny picks up the child from school, corrects homework, and feeds her. Gives lots of love and hugs; and attends all meets. The costs is minimal, just a rare thank-you and a thousand hugs. There are many 'sports nannies' out there who also go by the same name: Granny, MiMi, GrandMa, or GrandMother. And you can bet, WE LOVE BEING SPORTS NANNIES!
I hope my MIL feel the same way :) I actually think she is happy about one of the days being a gym day....she gets to see DD do her "stuff" and the pressure is off of her to figure out what to do with her for the afternoon lol. My MIL has 11 grandchildren, but only my two live in town so she gets to see them more often and has this opportunity....I think she wishes she was able to do this for all of her grandkids but 7 of them live out of state.

wouldn't this just be considered a regular nanny if you are working and the nanny is in charge of the kids, regardless of what they are doing? We have a couple of girls who are brought to the gym by highschool/college girls. But as far as I can tell, they just drop them off so more like a "taxi" service. If you don't need someone to stay at the gym with the girls, this might be an option.

I have been looking into it as well, since my husband just got a job away from home and I am just about to start working. It actually was cheaper to have a nanny then actually send them to child care. I was quite surprised about that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back