Start Value for Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter (10 yrs.) will start the season next month at a L7. Her beam and floor are very strong. Bars are getting better quickly. It seems they don't practice vault as much at our gym and I've heard the start value is still 10.0 at L7 with a front handspring. If she moves to L8 (coach says good possibilty) but keeps front handspring as her vault, what would the start value drop to? Thanks!

It will drop to a 9.0 SV. If she wants a 10.0 SV she will have to do a tsukahara piked or tsukahara tucked with a half twist. But, a lot of people compete front handsprings and tsukahara tucked (which is a 9.8 SV). Really is a lot of vault options for level 8! Pretty fun to be honest after doing the same vault for three levels in a row.

... in addition, what I've also seen, is that at L8, if they can't do a tsuk yet (much less yerchenko), they will do a half on, full twist off (no tucking). Not sure about the start value of that tho. . .

Keeping in mind.. that Many many girls start L8 with a FHS vault and score better than 1st year girls doing Tsuks and other vaults.

There were a few meets where my DD Placed doing a FHS vault over girls doing Yurch's or Tsuks. The low or no landings on a flipping vault will kill a score, but a nice clean high HS will score very well.

It will drop to a 9.0 SV. If she wants a 10.0 SV she will have to do a tsukahara piked or tsukahara tucked with a half twist. But, a lot of people compete front handsprings and tsukahara tucked (which is a 9.8 SV). Really is a lot of vault options for level 8! Pretty fun to be honest after doing the same vault for three levels in a row.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to optionals!

Keeping in mind.. that Many many girls start L8 with a FHS vault and score better than 1st year girls doing Tsuks and other vaults.

There were a few meets where my DD Placed doing a FHS vault over girls doing Yurch's or Tsuks. The low or no landings on a flipping vault will kill a score, but a nice clean high HS will score very well.

Good to know. Thanks for the reply!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back