Parents State Meet report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmiemom

Proud Parent
Yesterday, my just turned 7 year old (last week) competed at her first state meet! It was a tough meet in comparison to others we've been to this year. Overall, she did amazing. She placed on 6th on bars, 10th on beam, bronze on floor and 4th all around! Vault was a disaster with her literally face planting into the front of the mat. She was concentrating so hard on running hard that she just missed the board lol. But my proudest moment of the whole meet was her drying her tears off, shaking it off and going right back at it for her second vault run. 6 months ago, that would of reduced to her to a complete meltdown. I love seeing her succeed, but I love even more the valuable life lessons this sport is teaching her.

It's always fun to compare scores to the next age group up, and if she would of been in the 9 year old age group instead of the 6-8, she would of placed even better!

Great job...yeah, the young age group always seems to be the thoughest in JO, *especially* on floor and beam...sometimes the older groups will be stronger when it comes to bars and vault, but not always. When my DD complains how she would have got higher placements in the next age group up, I tell her all you got to do is repeat this level next year or go complete a level down right now and you wont have that issue...;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back