WAG Stress Fractures

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

How many of you or your kids had stress fractures? If so, where? I may have one in my shin, as opposed to the shin splints I thought it might be. My coaches said were waiting a week and then going to get an x-ray.

If you have/had a stress fracture, where and how long did it take to heal? Did you still do gymnastics? Take a few weeks off?

I had a stress fracture in my foot awhile back...It started as just a random, really sharp pain in my foot when I was walking to school. I got an MRI, sure enough, it was a stress fracture. After a week it stopped hurting, and after two weeks I was back in the gym doing (limited) tumbling. No vaulting for 3 weeks. All in all, it was a really quick recovery. The doctor that I went to thought it would be better if they didn't cast my foot, so I didn't wear a boot or cast.

I had one in my shin and continued to run and tumble and work on front tucks on the beam (those killed!) for couple of months because my doctor didn't believe me that my shin hurt so then when I was in so much pain I went to a different doctor and I ended up being out for 6 months because I had made it so bad because I didn't rest when I first had it.
I still have shin problems 4 years after because I guess I didn't rest it enough.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back