Stuck! Help me please...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been strugling with my back tuck for a really long time... I know its a mental thing but I just want to know if there was any body else out there that has had this problem... If so how did you get over it? It makes me so frustrated.:mad: This is the first big problem i have ever had. I never have had to get through things like this.. it used to be everything came easy.. any way if you ahve ever had this problem what did you do?

Ahh I have the same problem. Now I'm not sure your exact situation as you didn't explain much. But for me I have my RO BHS BT (I hope you not talking about a standing tuck) perfectly with a spot and I get a ton of height, but I just can't get myself to do it without a spot. I just stop.
What worked with my RO BHS is that I would do it with a full spot, then a small spot, then a finger, the just stand there, then back 1 step away and etc. It took time. And 2 private lessons. But I got it.
Finally!
Now I just got to get the tuck :p

I had the same problem for awhile because the mat that got replaced behind our tumble track was really hard and I was scared to throw back tucks on it(before I had it on floor). I know that many coaches hate it when gymnasts do this, but this really worked for me and my coaches let me because they knew it was the only way I could regain it. You have to use a soft surface, and keep doing a back handspring as high as you can, until eventually your hands don't touch the mat and when you feel confident enough flipping, you'll feel confident setting high before flipping. It worked for me ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back