T&T Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am researching what it would take to open a tumbling and trampoline gymnastics facility.
I see topics for artistic gymnastics and wondered if anyone here has started a gym like I'm talking about. I need to know the cost involved and more importantly what I might not be thinking about. I'm thinking about equipment. I'm thinking about insurance. I'm thinking about coaching and instructors. I'm thinking about students and team members. I am thinking about an ability to use the gym for multiple purposes. Please tell me what I'm forgetting and where I might get decent used equipment.
I forgot to say I am in a small town just west of Wichita Kansas. It has a population of 5 to 10,000. I think this town would do well with this type of facility.

I am researching what it would take to open a tumbling and trampoline gymnastics facility.
I see topics for artistic gymnastics and wondered if anyone here has started a gym like I'm talking about. I need to know the cost involved and more importantly what I might not be thinking about. I'm thinking about equipment. I'm thinking about insurance. I'm thinking about coaching and instructors. I'm thinking about students and team members. I am thinking about an ability to use the gym for multiple purposes. Please tell me what I'm forgetting and where I might get decent used equipment.
I forgot to say I am in a small town just west of Wichita Kansas. It has a population of 5 to 10,000. I think this town would do well with this type of facility.
Facility --> Rent / Lease / Buy / Build
Restrooms --> Individual bathrooms (one toilet/one sink each) / Unisex bathrooms (gender-specific) / Gender-neutral bathrooms (more open, but the divisions between the stalls should go up to 3-4 inches from the ceiling or at least 10 feet up from the floor and down to within 2-3 inches from the floor.
Also, gaps between the frame and the doors should have covers for more privacy).
Utilities --> Electric, Gas, Water, Trash
Would you want to have classes going on at the same time as team practices?
If so:
--> Would you want separate space for the rec classes (additional equipment)?
--> Rec parents often stay to watch, so how would you set up seating?
I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of them right now.

Hi I train at a world class facility for T and T. They have 10 trampolines altogether. 4 on one side and 6 on the other. There’s a DMT is in the middle at one end and tumble track and tumble strip at the other. They also have a floor area. It’s in one big room and used to be an old oil factory warehouse.
There’s a small seating area partitioned off with like a little tuck shop at the front for parents and toilets male and female. They focus mainly on T and T but they do rec basic gymnastics and have a small kids ring set, asymmetric bars and parallels bars, just miniature kids versions. They also have a sponge vault that can be easily moved and a foam pit at the back of the six trampolines. There’s a small gym area in the back corner and a trampoline rig that is packed away. They do kids parties and toddler sessions. Hopefully this is helpful.

• Front office worker(s)
  • Advertising/marketing
  • Good informative website preferably with a way to register and pay for classes, team gear, etc.
  • Lawyer possibly for employment and client contracts, waivers, etc.
  • Accountant or some sort of help with taxes
  • Utilities, building maintenance, cleaning
  • Building that is big and tall enough with ample parking
  • Possibly costs for training that coaches need to take

My kids do a rec trampoline class at a small town t&t gym. The gym has a team and does well in regional and national competitions. They have a long runway t&t floor, 2 Olympic tramps, 2 double mini’s, and a tumble track. There is an area I can’t see from the parent viewing area that has some type of floor appropriate for all-star cheer. There is some ninja stuff back there and a preschool area. Because t&t athletes don’t train The crazy hours that artistic gymnasts train, the teens on team are available to teach rec classes, which provides a good source of labor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back