Parents Team Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I would consider this to be a big problem, amd raise a few alarm bells. If they can’t -
1. Order the leotards and warm ups on time, so that they are well and truly ready for the first meet, and they have no doubt done this many, many times before, so they know how long it takes.
2. Take the time to realise that one of the kids will have nothing to wear for the comp and make sure a back up plan is organised, considering it is her first comp.
3. Have coaches who actually care enough to be concerned that your daughter doesn’t have anything to do and doesn’t k is what to do.

Then how do you expect this Club to also be organised in planning her training, prepare her properly in skill development so she is safe and so she can reach her full potential as a gymnast.

It seems like everyone’s comp leos were late this year. Our leos were ordered in early September and they didn’t arrive in time for our Mock Meet at the end of November. Our coaches were on top of it though, and when they knew they wouldn’t be delivered in time, they sent out an email to all team parents with instructions on what to wear. We finally got them in early December and our meet season starts this month, so thankfully we have them.

Is this a common problem with ordering competition leos (not arriving in time) or is this just a problem this year?

This is the first time our leos have been late. We used Ozone. I'm guessing the amount of club orders for Ozone increased exponentially this year due to Kim Z and her advertising. Maybe that's why they're late?

In any case, our girls will be wearing their warm up leos to the first meet. :(

From reading here, it looks like it is a common problem. Our Xcel leos arrived at the 10th hour, and our optional leos were not here for the first two meets. They were ordered the first week of September.

It seems like everyone’s comp leos were late this year. Our leos were ordered in early September and they didn’t arrive in time for our Mock Meet at the end of November. Our coaches were on top of it though, and when they knew they wouldn’t be delivered in time, they sent out an email to all team parents with instructions on what to wear. We finally got them in early December and our meet season starts this month, so thankfully we have them.

Is this a common problem with ordering competition leos (not arriving in time) or is this just a problem this year?
IF you order GK, it is a common problem... along with making mistakes in fabrics or cancelling fabrics AFTER you order, but BEFORE your order is made... in which case, they will contact you with their "best alternative" (which in our case in 2010 meant changing out velvet for nylon... read "cheapest for GK"... which looked terrible on older girls).
AF was late this year as well, but since we order with time to spare, we got them the day before the first meet.
I think most brands were running behind because people were changing brands due to past problems with GK and these other brands got more orders than they expected.

This is the first time our leos have been late. We used Ozone. I'm guessing the amount of club orders for Ozone increased exponentially this year due to Kim Z and her advertising. Maybe that's why they're late?

In any case, our girls will be wearing their warm up leos to the first meet. :(

My kiddos gym had problems with Ozone too. The Leos came late, then when they finally did the sequins on a decent number of the leos were misaligned and some sequins had already started falling off. Others had wear spots after just one meet. Ozone is replacing the leos that are messed up...but it’s taking awhile...

IF you order GK, it is a common problem... along with making mistakes in fabrics or cancelling fabrics AFTER you order, but BEFORE your order is made... in which case, they will contact you with their "best alternative" (which in our case in 2010 meant changing out velvet for nylon... read "cheapest for GK"... which looked terrible on older girls).
AF was late this year as well, but since we order with time to spare, we got them the day before the first meet.
I think most brands were running behind because people were changing brands due to past problems with GK and these other brands got more orders than they expected.

You'd think maybe GK would have run on time then, with fewer orders...but nope.:mad:

The thing that gets me the most, is their ONE style of standard capri warm up pants? Is super late to us every year. Even later than the custom leos. They're a VERY common color. You would think they would stock up on those before comp season, no?

You'd think maybe GK would have run on time then, with fewer orders...but nope.:mad:

The thing that gets me the most, is their ONE style of standard capri warm up pants? Is super late to us every year. Even later than the custom leos. They're a VERY common color. You would think they would stock up on those before comp season, no?
Lol, we ordered IN STOCK regular pants and matching plain jackets the last year we got GK... Black... nothing added... they took 12 weeks to arrive! We got the jackets plain because the year before it took 12-13 weeks to get a 3 inch rhinestone star on the chest. The custom leotards had arrived 3 days before the stock warm ups. :mad::confused::mad::eek:

Lol, we ordered IN STOCK regular pants and matching plain jackets the last year we got GK... Black... nothing added... they took 12 weeks to arrive! We got the jackets plain because the year before it took 12-13 weeks to get a 3 inch rhinestone star on the chest. The custom leotards had arrived 3 days before the stock warm ups. :mad::confused::mad::eek:

Is it not the norm to have your Club name and logo on the warm ups?

It is here, have never seen a warm up at a competition without it.

Is it not the norm to have your Club name and logo on the warm ups?

It is here, have never seen a warm up at a competition without it.
When you are trying to save money, a small logo without words works. The Star was our logo. The coaches decided they would do them themselves to "get the warm ups here sooner" lol.
Our current warm ups do have our team name and a logo on the back... and we got bags with matching design.

We have had plain ones twice so far.
old warm up.jpg
This was as plain as we got... but our first year, we had navy hoodies with while lettering and logo... then we got actual warm ups that had the name of our Y so small on the chest, you couldn't really read it... you just saw the Y. This version with the Star was #3 out of 4 warm ups so far.

Ours were just 100% plain.
We had these.. and another time plain red.

Attachments

• 6CC0B619-F7A5-4B91-B9AA-E1337A0AB861.jpeg
    6CC0B619-F7A5-4B91-B9AA-E1337A0AB861.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 19
Our warm ups have our gym’s name embroidered on the back surrounded by rhinestones and GK sent those on time. They came first part of November as scheduled, it was just the leos that were late.

I guess they were so busy with your rhinestones that they couldn't be bothered to get our damn warmup jackets to us. We are still waiting, though we finally have all the singlets, pommel pants, and shorts. And we put the gym name on the jackets ourselves!

It's pretty common to have the gym name on the warm ups and bags here. Sometimes the gymnast name or last name too. We don't do gymnast names, which I prefer. Makes it easier to sell outgrown warm ups to a younger gymnast later! Although all the girls do have a name tag that was made by one of the moms to put on the bag, which is helpful for telling them apart!

Our leos are running late this year. Our first meet is this weekend and they haven't arrived yet. Fingers crossed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back