DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
When your team gets new competition leotards and warm-ups...who picks the style, color, etc?

Last edited:
The colors always remain the same. The gym colors are black and lime green. Last season the owner/ HC chose the style. I guess since everyone liked them there was no drama!! We will have this leo for at least one more season!

Head coach and assistant head coach - basically both have same responsibilities for the squad, so both get to make the decision. Colours generally stay the same although we have evolved from purple, white and green to purple and black over the last 20 years!

Our HC also chooses the leo and warm-up. Thank goodness for that, otherwise it would be a much longer process. :) We did get a link to the website so we could get an idea what the new leos will look like.

Head coach chooses for compulsories and prep op. We have fewer than ten optionals and I see them pouring over catalogs with the coach looking at different leos so I think that she at least asks them for some opinions.

We just got new leotards for level 4+ (lvl 1 - 3 have a different one) and Our Head of WAG had the final say but as there are two senior squads she consulted our coach first.

Oh colours always the same as our club colours never change

The head coach and assistant head coach make the decision... though I think they may have some discussion with the optionals girls (who usually have a slightly different leo than the compulsary girls... fancier and sparklier) . We've always had the same colors from year to year (pink and black), but if we're going to change, this would be a good year for it, because we have to get all-new everything... warm-ups, leos, etc. because of a team name change. I wish they would change... my daughter is not so much a "pink" person, and it would be nice to have something other than pink and black after 4 years with those colors, but I suspect they'll stay the same.

At the banquet, the girls always get a leo as an "end of season" gift and then they wear those leos at any summer expos the team does. This year there was a lot of griping from the parents of the "big girls" about whether or not their daughters were consulted about the leo selection. I don't know... you really can't make everybody happy all of the time and if you try you're going to make yourself crazy. I think it should just fall to the head coach. If a parent or team member comes across something fantastic, I think it's fine to pass on their idea to the coach, but with the understanding that it's the HC's choice, and that he/she may be taking other factors other than the "fabulousness" of the leo into consideration. Price, for example. And I know there was one leo they were considering for the summer leo that looked very modest on a "little girl" but, when worn by an older girl with cleavage, became somewhat inapropriate.

The HC, but the older girls get to have an opinion in it. Our colors were red and black for a longgg time, but a few years ago one of my teammates mentioned that the colors were getting a little old. Now we have turquoise and gold leos. The HC ultimately has the final say, but she definitely values everyone's opinions.

Yup. Head coach. Our booster club board does the tracking down and logistics, but HC always has final say. We are also going thru this right now. I just want them ordered so they get here in time!

well my old gym was pretty small with only 6 girls on optionals and we were pretty close. we all decided as a team. the color is choosen by the gym(stays the same and we(coach and gymnasts)choose the style that they(owners) approve. my coach has certain rules for our leos and we have specifications(no itchy desgins or colors in the arm pits) normally we narrow it down as a team and say which on we like best out of our top 3. then she chooses which on is the best. i dont know how it works at our new gym with 20+ girls on optionals we wont get to choose. i think the coaches and owner as a group decide.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back