Thrift Leotard Find!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Hey everyone!
I just had some AWESOME luck and had to share it with someone!! haha.

My family is a big thrift store and 2nd hand shop shoppers. I've always shopped this way my whole life and sometimes you may not have much luck and sometimes you find brand-new things for a couple dollars!

Well whenever we go to the 'Village Thrift' I am always on the lookout for leotards of course. Mostly you find them in smaller sizes (I wear Adult Med.) and on the off chance that you find them in bigger the are mostly older velvet leos.
Welll we went today and someone must have quit gymnastics and donated the leos! I got 3 GK and one Adidas that look brand new!! All in Adult Medium!! The GK's were $3 and the Adidas $4.50
There were also 2 more that I opted out of because they weren't my favorite and since I just got a couple new ones for summer camp I didn't need that many more.
They also had a Alpha Factor competition leo that I didn't get because I'm not a fan of long sleeved leos for workout at all.
All barely look used if at all. No worn spots. Def. have not been washed (I of course will wash them before I wear them!)

Anyway, quite excited and had to share the news!

WE ask that families donate leos that no longer fit their gymnasts or ones their kids won't wear anymore to the booster club then at different times of the year when things are going on we sell them for $5 each. We just did that this past weekend at recitles for the preschool and under classes and will do agian this coming weekend. This past weekend we made over $150 on the leos and parents were glad to have the option with so many leos available in all sizes. We expect to do the same or better at this weekends recitles for the school aged kids..

Wow...what a great find!! I have been known to stalk the resale shops around town for leos too!! I have never seen an adidas one though. Lucky girl!!

Gotta love a bargain! Twice a year there's a sale locally where parents can sell their kids' outgrown clothes and buy "new" clothes. I'd say 90 percent of my kids' clothes (and a few leos too) come from this sale. It's great because I get to cull the old clothes and make money to buy "new" ones, and so far, at least, my kids don't seem to care. They're generally better brands (Justice, Gap, etc.) than I would consider buying at full price. Usually the clothes end up back at the sale a year or two later.

Mostly I sell their leos that way as well, though there is a new little level 3 in the gym and I know her mom is in grad school and there's not a lot of money. Kathy had outgrown a pair of her little black velvet GK shorts like all the "big girls" at our gym wear so I brought them in and gave them to this little girl and her eyes got so big! Every time I've seen her since then, she's been wearing those shorts! So I might have gotten $5 for them at the next clothing sale, but getting to see her enjoy them is priceless! :)

Wow what a bargain! You very rarely see leos in our 2nd hand shops. Our gymnasts tend to bring theirs in and we sell them for them.
Cute story MaryA - Isn't it lovely when things like that make somebody's day! One of our top gymnasts left us in 2009 as her family moved to Aus. She gave all her old leos away to the younger girls as she had decided not to continue with gymnastics in Aus. One of the girls loved one of the leos so much she put it on over the one she was wearing. It was at least 2 sizes too big! We managed to get it off her eventually!

Awesome! Our team girls do a used leo fundraiser as well but I usually resell my dd's leo's on Ebay to help pay for new ones. Wish I could find a deal like that!

fab!

My DD's club has a used leo rack, so outgrown leos are sold to other gymnasts at good prices - I think the club asks for 10% of the sale price as a mini fundraiser.

My sister bought my DD a pair of velvet gymshorts from ebay for Christmas with her name on the back in crystals but they were cut very small and she could get them on but not move in them very well. We left them at the reception of the gym club for a littler girl who has the same name who is in one of the rec classes - my daughter got a lovely picture the girl drew for her, her mum said she was speechless to think that one of the 'squad girls' had left her a gift and always looks for P in the newspaper cuttings of competition reports that the club put on the noticeboard.

Yes, I was quite surprised to find Adidas as well!

I so wish my gym had some sort of 'used leotard sale' but they don't as far as I know.
Maybe I'll bring it up with the owner.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back