Parents To video or not to video?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We record every meet. We have our designated jobs in our family: DH is videographer (he is willing to walk and stand wherever he can to get the best shot for each event), oldest DD (age 15) is scorekeeper, and I am the worry-wart mom who just gets to watch. Middle DD (age 12) will now be photographer, since we got a good deal on a great DLSR and she can take good pics now. :)

It's nice to be able to compare from meet to meet. And you never know when you're going to have falls on events--it's nice to have at least ONE clean routine on each apparatus from the season. ;)

I do a lot of video for out of town relatives, who watch them on FB. I also video several of the other boys' routines and sometimes put together event compilations if they had a great rotation or two. If I'm doing a lot of video, I try to get at least two full events of everyone. DS loves to watch his teammates' routines if things went well for them. Both of my gymnasts like watching their videos after the meet.

Being a military family with none of our family around....I videotape every meet. Her grandparents appreciate it. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back