WAG too many round offs on every event= back pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

yesterday i had practice from 4:30-8:30 and we spent from 5-6 on floor which for me means round off back handspring fulls and double backs. then we went to beam from 6-7:30 which for me meant round full dismounts the WHOLE time. its not like i didnt want to do them because i did and now after that practice i almost have it down. then we went to vault which is tsuks over and over again for an hour because one girl could not get her arms right so the coach made us stay there for the rest of practice instead of conditioning. when we got to vault i felt my back hurting when i was running and landing. by the end i could not walk with limping because it hurt so bad. i didnt tell anyone about it except for one teammate because i thought its nothing. ive had other injuries like this that kind of went away on its own (knee, ankle, shoulder). its exactly in the lower left area of my back, right where i twist to do a roundoff.

Sorry this is probably not what you want to hear but you need to decide if its an "injury pain" or if its "sore pain" If you think you're injured you need to go to the doctor. And you should tell your coach either way.

Sorry this is probably not what you want to hear but you need to decide if its an "injury pain" or if its "sore pain" If you think you're injured you need to go to the doctor. And you should tell your coach either way.

It is not muscle soreness, this takessome time to set in, whereas her pain started DURING the activity. More likely an injury of some sort...

Talk to your parents so they know what's going on.

Talk to the coaches to let them know you're hurting because you repeated the same motion with full effort ???? times in one day.

Get to a Dr who knows sports injuries.

Be very honest about your pain, and limit your activity at the first hint of pain, so if it begins to hurt..... do something else, if it till hurts....... do less and another something else, if it hurts after these modifications...... stay out of the gym until you've seen the doctor.

Listen to the doctor and follow the advice you're given.

Amid all this, if you are well enough to do round-offs, work on correcting your posture during the drop into the hand placement through to the push-up into the snap down. If you're thinking
What posture, huh?
....... take the time to dig up some videos and watch them in slow motion and freeze frame your way through the skill, you'll get it then.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back