Off Topic Treating xcel team weird?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don‘t know maybe I’m overreacting or being picky or something, but my new gym treats xcel as a real team for the most part, decent hours, real conditioning, quality coaches, decent meets, pretty competition Leos, but the jackets, are a black, white, and HOT pink ombré, while last years Leos were navy blue, baby pink, with silver diamonds. They are getting new Leos this year but i dont know about jackets. they have had these jackets for like 5 years when they get new Leos every other. Developmental, even compulsorily, like level 2 get new jackets and Leos every year. Im fine with the Leo situation but it seems odd to me that they can’t get xcel matching jackets, or at least just stick to like plain black with team logo on the back or something that matches everything. Am i being picky, or what? I dont want to seem like a snob but it just isn’t what im used to at my other gym.

All gyms around here keep the same jackets for years and years. The whole gym has the same jacket and it’s the gyms identity so they wouldn’t change it unless they were having a massive uniform overhaul.

Seems like a waste of money to keep changing the jackets. And if they have different ones all the time, they can’t be passed in 2nd hand.

Our uses the same uniforms for xcel or DP, but while we change leos every two years, we have had the same warm-up style for over a decade. Save $$ and smaller sized get passed down, etc.

Maybe the Xcel team is keeping the same jackets to help keep costs down, as that was part of the foundation of Xcel (lower costs)? This would not bother me. My daughter grows like a snail and could have worn her leo/warmups for a 3rd year if we hadn't changed gyms. I would be happy to not have to buy a new set!

Ok yeah i get that, but im just wondering why couldn’t they just plan to have plain black jackets if that was the case
Because someone once got a deal on the weird ones maybe? Also, the problem with plain black is it is popular so the teams all look alike, although I am with you there, I also like black for jackets. But team anything you are always going to have things some love and some hate. My daughter is in Acro and one year her team leo- which for Acro the gymnasts do not even wear to compete but they had to wear for march in and warm up- was so uncomfortable the girls still call it the "torture leo." (Privately I called it the BDSM leo also, because it had a ton of criss-crossy straps in the back.) Thankfully that thing was retired after a year. People screw up sometimes with these things. It is not malicious.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back