Coaches Trouble Raising and Lowering Vault Table

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Soaring

Coach
Gymnast
For context I help run my college's club gymnastics team. We are a new team. We have been having difficulties with raising and lowering our vault tables. They are the same ones that the varsity team uses, but we are under the impression that they don't really change the settings often if at all. I believe they are mancino brand, the red basketball ones. We are successfully turning the one pin all the way to the left as well as pulling the other pin out to where it should be. The problem comes where putting pressure on the table barely moves it if at all. The other night we were able to adjust the settings but it took a really long time.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is something like WD40 needed, or could this be an issue with technique? I haven't had this issue with the vault table from my gym before college.

From my limited understanding many vault tables have gas struts that aid in the table moving up and down with control. It is possible it needs to be re-gassed to operate in a functional way again.

It is possible it needs to be re-gassed to operate in a functional way again.
Ah I see. I suppose that's unfortunate since it's not our equipment and I don't have the skillset nor the money to fix that myself. Maybe we will reach out to the varsity coaches about it, but I'm not quite sure that they will be too helpful since it isn't really a problem for their girls. Perhaps my team will just work on vaulting higher lol

Has anyone had this problem before? Is something like WD40 needed, or could this be an issue with technique? I haven't had this issue with the vault table from my gym before college.

It's not a Mancino vault table... are you talking basketball like TAC/10?

Look at this link and tell me if it's this one...

If so... are you adjusting the table by using the handle on the upright... it won't move well if you push on the top (the table part)... you have to use the handle.

If that is not it... then one of the four roll springs inside is probably broken. You can order a set of new ones and replace them.

If it's not that vault table then post a picture or a link.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back