Uk grades

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Perhaps every region is different but in ours there is/was no regional finals - the girls who finished top four competed as a team at nationals with their individual scores counting towards their own and their teams final position.

A few regions do a regional final but most don't . Most have just one big regional grade competition with up to 60 in some grades.

Anyone heard any more about the new grades/when the finalized rulebook will be released? Do we think BG will run any workshops/clinics to explain the new grades? If the provisional routines are anything to go by they don't look that different to before, but I'd be grateful for a clinic since next year will be the first time I've entered gymnasts for grades!

I'm not liking the sit down and stand up on one leg on beam thing. My knees hurt just thinking about it. I can't imagine why you would want to do that. I think it might be in club grade 5?

different. That was sit down and roll back and roll up to stand. This is basically a single leg squat right down and up on each leg with other leg held in front. No roll momentum to help .

I don't see the point in it to be honest, or the caterpillar thing in grade 6 or the run and stretched jump off the end in 6. I'd rather see something more progressive, but we don't compete those grades anyway, in favour of focusing on levels. Our girls compete novice and floor and vault until ready for level 5 - currently at least as we are undergoing some big changes in September!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back