WAG Upper level gymnasts after high school?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How heartbreaking... to be homeschooled from a young age because of gymnastics and then not to qualify for a gymnastics scholarship because you were homeschooled! (I know that many people who home school, my brother/sister-in-law, for example, are very careful about making sure their kids complete and document all requirements, but it definitely takes a lot more work than just getting them out the door and onto the school bus every morning. Not that that's always easy either! ;) )

if you only knew...

Just FYI... I found my notes from when I was trying to figure out the NE Div. III teams and what levels their freshmen competed.

Brockport: Level 10's for multiple years, qualifying for Nationals
Cortland: Level 10 for 1/2 years, qualifying for regionals
Hamline: 9
Ithaca: 8/9
Rhode Island College: 8
Springfield College: 9/10
Ursinus College: 9

Very interesting about the NCATA. I will have to dig around and see if I can find some videos. It's interesting that they compete in something similar to a volley ball uniform rather than a leotard or something similarly form-fitting.
My SIL graduated from Ursinus and even with MEGA academic scholarships it cost an arm and a leg. So if anyone has a DD who is thinking of going that route, you better start saving your pennies now! The plus side is she got an education that earned her a free ride to a Masters/PhD program.
Wilson College (PA) had a DIII team that took level 7ish gymnasts in the past, especially if they have a really solid event or two, but they dropped their program after last season. I know they tried to save it, but got very minimal support and media attention.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back