Parents USAG membership fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Your gym may be adding a processing fee. Odd but not unheard of. I would just call the accounting person and ask about it. I know it's not a lot of money in the grand scheme but if they are doing this for other fees, it will add up.

processing fee? it takes me 5 minutes to do this task.

processing fee? it takes me 5 minutes to do this task.
glad to hear you are not one of those gyms! again, it would be odd but other companies to it for really simple tasks. Theoretically a gym could too. Some gyms add an additional charge for their leotards, warmups, grips etc. This would be no different.

We also pay $54 per year- in fact, we just did that a few weeks ago. I think I would ask too what the extra money was for.

Awww...shoot. Ours is higher too. How does one go about finding out if your state has a fee that may account for the difference

If someone is charging they should be able to put in writing what it includes and itemize.

This includes stuff, like membership fees (which all have forms, and time periods ), coaching fees and such.

There are guidelines, recommendations and allowances.

Regarding USAG membership. It is yearly, the card comes to your address with your gymnasts name and number. There a lower introductory fee for a first time gymnast (again there are guidelines). And then the full athlete rate. If there is more I am sure it is spelled out.

JO or Xcel doesn't matter, one yearly fee. Now might be different if you join mid year or move to L3 mid year, but that would be a one time thing.

If someone is charging they should be able to put in writing what it includes and itemize.

This includes stuff, like membership fees (which all have forms, and time periods ), coaching fees and such.

There are guidelines, recommendations and allowances.

Regarding USAG membership. It is yearly, the card comes to your address with your gymnasts name and number. There a lower introductory fee for a first time gymnast (again there are guidelines). And then the full athlete rate. If there is more I am sure it is spelled out.

JO or Xcel doesn't matter, one yearly fee. Now might be different if you join mid year or move to L3 mid year, but that would be a one time thing.

Correction Introductory Athlete would be for Xcel only as well

Fees are listed here along with what is included and the rules, things like no pro rating etc....

https://usagym.org/pages/membership/pages/membership_overview.html

Doesn't include any state fees.

So this quarterly magazine....we have never seen that, am I understanding this correctly that it comes with membership? I know we have received her card in the mail in the past...why not the magazine?

So this quarterly magazine....we have never seen that, am I understanding this correctly that it comes with membership? I know we have received her card in the mail in the past...why not the magazine?

You should get this with your membership.

Reactions: sce
I'd email and ask "I notice online that the USAG fee is $54 but we are being charged xxx. Can you tell me what the extra money is for?" We always filled out the form ourselves too

Our gym charges $55. Hmm. My DD apparently uses $25 a year in chalk as well. Some of the fees are questionable at times but love the coaches. You can really feel nickled and dimed.

Our gym charges $55 for USAG reg. $1 processing, but it's not a secret as it says $54 right on the form. The membership is for the year, so no idea why you would pay another $75 when your DD moved up.

Follow up with your gym's office manager. We've always just paid the fee. I don't even know if we have a state membership charge -- it might just be rolled into our tuition. The only other annual fee we pay is an insurance fee that's charged to every athlete, rec or team.

We get two copies of the USAG magazine, one for each athlete. You should also be getting emails from USAG to the email address you put on the form.

Two reasons you may not get the magazine (besides an incorrect address): either you have an introductory membership, which doesn't include it, or the gym gets the magazines sent there. One of our old gyms did that and just had them in the team room for the girls to read.

Is it possible the gym is charging a registration fee? Ours has an annual $25 fee that is charged every August. At the same time we have to update all our contact info, emergency numbers, etc. Every athlete at the gym pays this, not just team members. Could it be something like that, which they just roll into the USAG registration?

Crud -- we just got billed and paid for this -- $75. Can't find any mention of a state fee but it looks like there is a team registration fee, so maybe the gym divides that up. But now I'm annoyed...again...

Two reasons you may not get the magazine (besides an incorrect address): either you have an introductory membership, which doesn't include it, or the gym gets the magazines sent there. One of our old gyms did that and just had them in the team room for the girls to read.

Hmmm. I have never seen any around the gym. And she was an L3 last year so it shouldn't of been an introductory membership. I'll check with the office manager thank you for your suggestions :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back