vault problem...STILL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

loveforgym

so i have always had problems with my vault, it's my worst event. i'm now level 7 and still am having the same problem though i'm working on it. so one, my i run fast then take these itty baby steps when i get to the spring board. problem two is most the time i pike onto the vault. and three, i can never get a good block. but we did this drill where you put a block in front of the vault to work heel drive... my vault was perfect, i wasn't scared or anything. but then we took the drill down and did regular vault and it was back to normal. is there a way to fix this?

Start running slower then go faster and faster. Usually your steps will figure themselves out by then.

For piking, drive your heels up right after you punch.

i run fast then take these itty baby steps when i get to the spring board

Do you know why you take the little steps? What I mean is, is it a mental thing like fear or hesitation, or is it because you aren't sure how many steps you have left to get to the springboard?

thanks for the help. and to nicki a little bit of both. i just get confused since i hurdle with my left leg (i'm righty) and the steps get messed up.

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried putting markers on the vault run-up, for example, your starting point and perhaps the point where you need to hurdle? You could also try counting the number of steps you need to do before your hurdle.

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried putting markers on the vault run-up, for example, your starting point and perhaps the point where you need to hurdle? You could also try counting the number of steps you need to do before your hurdle.

no i haven't, i think i will try though. also i think i'l try taking bigger steps and counting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back