Vault Settings

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
What is the standard setting for vault? Ours is at 7, and even for me at 4'10 (one of the tallest at gym) it feels like a pretty big drop. I can't even imagine how big the drop feels for the kids who are a whopping 4'0! The hardest vault being done is a front handspring full if that makes any difference.

if you're in Canada, i thought that you all must use your apparatus at FIG? so then, vault would be 125 or 5. 7 is 135. that's the mens setting for most but there are some girls here in the states that vault at 7.

Here we for argo and tyro (by birth year buy about 9-11) is at 115, and novice and open (12+) is at 125. We follow FIG rules but they have the beam and vault lower for younger girls.

As others have said you should not be vaulting at 7 , that is 135 cms and the international vault height for males. Females vault on 5, which is 125cms.

I'm 4'9, and I know what you mean. I'm 13 and the shortest on my team. It sort of is a "big drop" until you get used to it. When you start doing tsuks, you will want the vault to be higher. I hope this helps!

OMG 7?!? Our level 7s normally vault on three and do tsuk timers on like 2 or 3. We vault on 4 sometimes, but only once on 7 and only 2 of us could do it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back