Vault?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

luv2flip830

In level 4 and 5 and 7 i was pretty good at vault then in my first year of level 8 i could not ge a vaut! I tried yerchenkos..sukes.... then when season can i competed front handsprings all year until state , i competed a front hanspring full.. then i repeated level 8and still didnt have a yerchenko or suke... so i worked on front handspring 1 and a halfs.. and competed that all this year... so now i dont kno what to train? i mean i feel more comfortable training front handspring doubles, but my coahes want me to do a yerchenko pike??? i hate going over the table backwards..... I dont know what to do! help!!!

If you like front handsprings, what about front handspring fronts? At level 9, I think they have a 10 start value. Are you trying for 9 or repeating 8 - I don't think you can do them at 8.

I think it all depends on how much pop you get on a regular entry vault. I know some that have more power that most on tsuk's or front-fronts than those that do the yerchenko entry. Without video, I'd have to say talk with your coach and see what options you have available. Many times fear is yet another hurdle to overcome. Hopefully your coach has you best interest at heart and will work with you on this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back