WAG Vaults getting worse?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I've always been a good vaulter apparently and I've been doing half-on-fulls and tsuks into the pit but recently I've been lacking for some reason. I used to be able to reach far on the table and have a fast heel drive but it's getting slower and my hands are at the front of the table. My punch is also less powerful and I go up to the table instead of down if that makes sense. My coaches are saying that "I know what to do" probably since they haven't seen how much my vaults have changed and still think my vaults are good, how can I fix this before competition season? I vault at 115 btw

So I've always been a good vaulter apparently and I've been doing half-on-fulls and tsuks into the pit but recently I've been lacking for some reason. I used to be able to reach far on the table and have a fast heel drive but it's getting slower and my hands are at the front of the table. My punch is also less powerful and I go up to the table instead of down if that makes sense. My coaches are saying that "I know what to do" probably since they haven't seen how much my vaults have changed and still think my vaults are good, how can I fix this before competition season? I vault at 115 btw
Is it possible that you had a growth spurt? I have seen this happen to many girls ages 13-17 and it's only because your body is growing and might need some time to get used to doing skills.

Has your run got faster and altered your board entry?

Do you need a firmer vault board - this often happens with growth and strength gain - a softer board will not work and will feel powerless.
Yes my coach explained this to some girls on my team. They punch it so hard that goes straight to the floor and it feels like they are just punching off the floor instead of when they punch it goes down half way and then rebounding them up.

I feel like I'm always growing taller so I don't know what it is. Many coaches have been saying I've been jumping back on the board so when I jump closer I feel like I have to immediately hit the table

I feel like I'm always growing taller so I don't know what it is. Many coaches have been saying I've been jumping back on the board so when I jump closer I feel like I have to immediately hit the table
Maybe move your board and run back? Experiment with different settings. Maybe if you are that much taller, you need a new table setting.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back