WAG Vent: Horrible practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Today was one of the worst practices I've ever had. To start off, my coach told us she had some bad news for us. We have 2 more weeks with her, and then she's being switched to another location. She is the best coach I've ever had, and I'm so upset that she's leaving so soon (I've only had her for about 6 months). I figured it was going to happen but I thought it was going to be because of her graduating college, and I wasn't expecting it so soon, so it really caught me off guard. I know that change is part of life and the new coach seems pretty nice (I've seen her around the gym), but I'm just so tired of having to start over and people leaving. It makes me so sad to think that she won't see me get all of the skills I've been working so hard on with her. She's been the one pushing me to do Xcel, and if I decide to do it, I hate that she won't know (I'm not sure I would have thought about doing it at this gym if she hadn't pushed me).
Also, I lost my kip today after having it for almost a year without losing it. When I first got it I was prepared to lose it, but it never happened, even when we skipped bars for weeks at a time. I guess it was probably since I was already upset, but it's so frustrating! I worked so hard for so long to get it and I really don't want to have to go through the whole thing again.
And then to top it all off, a few minutes ago I forgot that I had just gotten a rip today and put hand sanitizer on. Ouch.
Sorry this was so long, I just really needed to vent.

*sends virtual hug*

That's really unfortunate about your coach leaving, I can understand. Our coach left too a while back, but she came back to visit and we kept in touch with emails and social networking sites. Maybe you can do the same. :eek: Let your coach know she's the best and have your team write a big thank-you card. Hope the new coach works out for you and your team!

We all have hard days. But if you can get thought the hard days, you can do anything. A tad cliche, but it's a great quote. Go back to the gym the next practice with a "the glass is half FULL" attitude with a smile on your face and go kick some kipping butt. :thumbsup:

Feel better soon!!

P.S. Hand sanitizer is a rip's worst nightmare!! :mad:

Look at the bright side! Now, someday when you compete, your old coach will be there and will see all the new skills! She's going to be so proud of you and she'll see the amazing gymnast you've grown to be:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back