Parents Video from Kathy's Level 5 States Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I'm still mastering my video softwear... I need to spend more time messing around with titles and such. But it's late so I'm calling it done.

I posted the results last night when we got home, but I just want to say how proud I am of Kathy. Her first level 5 meet back in October she got a 21.8... scratched on bars and got a 4.8 on vault! She has come so far in such a short time and I'm so proud of her!

Enjoy...

[video=youtube;C-PFVgEbpmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PFVgEbpmE[/video]

She did great!! She has come so far this season. Congrats to her!! I loved how they showed both judges scores, pretty cool. Wish they did that at all meets. :)

Ditto everything that Mariposa said so well!!! Kathy really looks great and she should be so proud of herself. She looked really, really good!

Her vault is AMAZINGLY improved!!! Can she come here and give my DD some pointers? :)
She did great, she should be quite proud of herself. Amazing that she looks like that after 6 hrs of practice a week! Those coaches must really be doing something right over there! Hope she enjoys learning her new stuff for L6! :)
I'm having trouble with my video software. What are you using?

I'm having trouble with my video software. What are you using?

I'm blanking on what it's called (it's on my home computer and I'm at work) but I wouldn't recommend it anyway. It's not nearly as "dummy-proof" as I'd hoped. I'm thinking that, for my next birthday, I'm going to buy myself a Mac of some sort. I bet they have some easier, cooler, video production software. Plus, next year the girls will be going to a charter school where they'll both get a Mac Book, so I'm sure within a couple of months they'll know how to do everything way better than me and I'll have built-in tech support. Heck, I can probably just get them to make the movies for me!

I loved how they showed both judges scores, pretty cool. Wish they did that at all meets. :)
In Kathy's entire gymnastics career we've only been to one other meet that even had a score board... mostly just those flip-score thingies. This one was very nice and very well run. I was a little worried because we had been to a meet at this gym last year (States was at the local high school, but sponsored by this gym) that was very poorly run. But they did a great job!

Kathy performed beautifully! She really has come so far! What's best is that her enthusiasm is quite evident. Isn't it awesome that now the 'fun' of really uptraining begins?

Congratulations to your dd on a great L5 season. It's great to see them improve so much so give her a high 5 for me.

On a funny side note, I realized I watched the video 3 times. The first time I was enjoying your dd's performance and the other 2 times I was watching the background for familiar teams. I noticed my dd's least favorite team. My dd is an average gymnast and she knew if the "purple" team was there, then she most likely wouldn't place in anything. I also saw her first team was there too.

I noticed my dd's least favorite team. My dd is an average gymnast and she knew if the "purple" team was there, then she most likely wouldn't place in anything. I also saw her first team was there too.

Too funny! Which was her first team? There were two purple teams (one more solid purple and the other two lighter shades of purple with a swoosh in between) and they were both very good. Sometimes you can tell before warm-ups are over which teams are going home with the medals!

Another funny thing that came from posting the video is that I found out that Kathy's "camp mom" from Woodward last summer is a frequent poster on CB (I won't "out" her in case she doesn't want to be outed). She recognized her from the video and sent me a private message! Small world.

Too funny! Which was her first team? There were two purple teams (one more solid purple and the other two lighter shades of purple with a swoosh in between) and they were both very good. Sometimes you can tell before warm-ups are over which teams are going home with the medals!

The first team she was on was Rainbow. We left there when schedules didn't work for us anymore. The purple team dd always dreaded was Skyline.

Great job! My DD is just starting Level 5 and it's hard to imagine her looking as good as your DD. Wonderful job.

Great job! My DD is just starting Level 5 and it's hard to imagine her looking as good as your DD. Wonderful job.

It's always hard to imagine them being at the next level, isn't it? And the level that's TWO levels ahead looks practically impossible, not to mention DANGEROUS! I remember being blown away by the level 5 girls on Kathy's team but now it's the level 7's that look amazing. I think another good reason for a nice, slow progression is that it gets us parents used to seeing our kids do these things so that we don't totally freak out. We'll see how I feel the first time I watch Kathy attempt a fly-away!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back