Parents We have judges!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Here's the story. Back in early September we were given our tentative meet schedule. Well, on that schedule they had listed a mock meek for November 21st and they told us there would be a fee to help pay for the judges to come in. As of Tuesday of this week, we didn't have a judge so the coaches were just going to critique them. I was kind of upset by that because, being in the gym over the years I see every other team getting these judges in but honestly, our team girls have never had that benefit. Last year they were supposed to have a mock meet but never did. Our team has a history of getting the shaft, like canceled dance classes with no notice, coaches that quit and are never replaced or having to share coaches with other teams, etc. It's just something we're getting used to.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail saying that I need to bring $15 to practice today to pay for the judges that we're getting on Saturday! Not one but TWO!! Holy cow! I was very happy to hear that but Olivia instantly was like, "oh, man!!" :p

Sorry to go off on a tangent, just had to share! Hopefully I'll get some decent video's and can post something for once!

I am so excited for you. The judges coming to our mock meet really helped.

She gave them scores but also worked out the kinks on some skill it was grand.

Well ok if you read my post 2 evets for my DD were a disaster but in the long run it will help

Congrats to you!!!

Having judges come in is wonderful! They typically give good feedback to the girls and lets them know what to expect in "real" meets.

Yay! Glad she will have judges for the mock meet. Hopefully they give them constructive criticism as well and help them to know what to work on!! Can't wait to hear about the mock meet. I know you have been dying for meet season to start. I am glad that fall season is OVER and am hoping it won't be until late January/early February until spring season starts. :D

Here's the story. Back in early September we were given our tentative meet schedule. Well, on that schedule they had listed a mock meek for November 21st and they told us there would be a fee to help pay for the judges to come in. As of Tuesday of this week, we didn't have a judge so the coaches were just going to critique them. I was kind of upset by that because, being in the gym over the years I see every other team getting these judges in but honestly, our team girls have never had that benefit. Last year they were supposed to have a mock meet but never did. Our team has a history of getting the shaft, like canceled dance classes with no notice, coaches that quit and are never replaced or having to share coaches with other teams, etc. It's just something we're getting used to.

Hey Netty,

AT least you knew your kids were having a mock meet. He didn't let the fives know until less than two weeks ago. Now another Mom has to do her hair, and I may not even be able to see her before the meet to help with nerves. The level 5 "ice cream" coach drives me NUTS! Oh well, I will sacrifice some sleep to watch the meet once I get out of work.

Take care,

Sue Z

This was our first year of having a mock meet with real judges, we did it two weeks before we started fall season, and just found out we will do it again 2 weeks before winter season. Scores at our mock meet were definately on the lower side for my DD than what she is getting in real competition.

I was able to stay and watch some of Olivia's practice last night. Their coach told them about the judges and she wanted to have them do a run-through of their routines, starting with warm-ups as if they were at a meet. You should've seen the look of panic on all of their faces! :eek: I thought Olivia was going to lose it! I just looked at her and when she looked at me I told her to breathe and calm down! She is petrified of the BWO on beam. She can do it fine when the coach has her hand there. The coach doesn't even help her, she just rests her had there until she goes over. Any advice on this one? I think she'll be fine, she'll get it and it's no big deal. She doesn't think so.

I will definitely let you all know how it goes tomorrow. Send the BWO fairies our way!! :rolleyes:

Hey Netty,

AT least you knew your kids were having a mock meet. He didn't let the fives know until less than two weeks ago. Now another Mom has to do her hair, and I may not even be able to see her before the meet to help with nerves. The level 5 "ice cream" coach drives me NUTS! Oh well, I will sacrifice some sleep to watch the meet once I get out of work.

Sue,

I love the "ice cream" reference. I thought your girls had this mock meet on their schedule a while back. I assume your girls will report at the same time, 8:00?? It will be interesting to see how well run this mock meet goes. I'm doing Olivia's hair tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow. Guess I'll see you there at some point! Is K ready?

Sue,

I love the "ice cream" reference. I thought your girls had this mock meet on their schedule a while back. I assume your girls will report at the same time, 8:00?? It will be interesting to see how well run this mock meet goes. I'm doing Olivia's hair tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow. Guess I'll see you there at some point! Is K ready?

No, if it was, he didn't tell us... despite my asking him... I would have done her hair the night before, but she had practice until 7 and I'm at work by then. She is supposed to be there at 8.

I'm glad the season is starting.... Good luck to Olivia.

Sue Z

Glad to hear you got your judges and you are ready to go! It is a good thing to start with a mock meet to see how they do & what they need to work on. Good luck and hope this shakes all the sillies & nerves out so she's ready to go for her first real meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back