WAG what are a and b skills etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

smidgie- which skills would you like to know about? I am sure we can tell you. Or what level are you looking at and we can give you insight from there.

My DD will be competing level 6. She is doing a back handspring on beam (which I cant even watch) and a backlayout on floor. Vault never changes. Whats up with that?

BHS on beam is a B, BLO on floor is an A. At level 6 she just needs one B skill I think, which is usually fulfilled by dance on floor at that level. Common B tumbling skills are a BLO full and a front pike or FLO.
Vault will pretty much be a FHS until L8. They have years of that vault because it takes a long time to get the flipping vaults ready to compete, so they can do drills and timers and work them while competing the FHS.

BHS on beam is a B, BLO on floor is an A. At level 6 she just needs one B skill I think, which is usually fulfilled by dance on floor at that level. Common B tumbling skills are a BLO full and a front pike or FLO.
Vault will pretty much be a FHS until L8. They have years of that vault because it takes a long time to get the flipping vaults ready to compete, so they can do drills and timers and work them while competing the FHS.
Thanks

I used to wonder why they did the FHS for so long until my DD started doing them :) It can take some kids FOREVER to get a decent FHS and then the next vaults can also be really hard/scary so there is lots of time to work on the the flipping vaults.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back