Parents What are levels 5N and 5O?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is just something the host gym did... they were L5 ... but it might be that they were in different sessions and they wanted to be able to keep the sessions separate in their own minds or something. I, personally, don't like it it because (at least on MyMeetScores.com) you can usually sort by session too.

N stands for Novice and means girls who have scored under a certain All around score throughout the year (usually around a 35). The O is for Open and is for girls who have hit over a 35 ( or thereabouts) during the meet season. The N and O system allows for the high scorers to compete amongst themselves and vice versa. Hope this helps!

N stands for Novice and means girls who have scored under a certain All around score throughout the year (usually around a 35). The O is for Open and is for girls who have hit over a 35 ( or thereabouts) during the meet season. The N and O system allows for the high scorers to compete amongst themselves and vice versa. Hope this helps!
That is how some gyms do it... but I have also seen a meet with a bird theme and 5N was a level 5 session for Nuthatches and 5O was Orioles. They also had 5R - Robins and one other (old ) L5 session.
In Ohio, the 2012 State meet had 5A and 5N - American Division and National Division... based on the number of girls on the team competing at that level.

It all depends on the gym and how they want to do it.
Just like if it is A and P, it can be Achievement and Placement... but I have never seen L7 Achievement... but I have seen 7A.

Last edited:
In our state L3 and L4 are divided into Open and Novice divisions for State meet. The girls are divided into 2 equal size groups based on their highest scored during the season before the designation date. Placement awards are separate for the 2 groups.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back