WAG What is modified optionals??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Momof2

Proud Parent
Hello everyone, my DD told me our gym has mod ops which she said is between levels 5 and 6. Not sure if that is correct but I don't understand why you would have something between levels. Also is this for USAG and AAU. Any info would be great. I am just more curious as to what this level is for. Thank you!!

Modified Optionals is AAU. It is meant to be for gymnasts that aren't quite ready with all the skills necessary for level 7, but they are beyond the compulsory levels skillwise. Excel is USAG and is used at some gyms as a similar concept although that is not its purpose per USAGs description.

At our old gym all compulsories did AAU once you completed level 5 you either went JO optionals or AAU (modified optional). Modified Optional was meant for girls who were not USA JO optional ready or for girls that didn't want to commit the time/money required for USA JO Optionals.

I appreciate the information. This makes sense now. Our gym competes AAU and USAG. During AAU season they must be mod ops since AAU doesn't compete level 6. Then for USAG they might be level 6. Thanks again. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back