WAG What is this drill working towards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
The gymnast hangs on the high bar with her body facing the low bar. She swings several times while twisting her hips. Then she swings forward, lets go of the bar and the spotters move her body so she is now in a handstand on the low bar with her backside to the high bar.

And if you can visualize what I mean from what I typed, you're amazing.

Yep, that was it. The bail at 0:25.

Is it called something else without the half twist? If the girl just swings forward and sort of flips her body in the air and catches the low bar without doing any twisting? Because it seems like I've seen that before and thought it was so cool looking. But not to handstand. Just grabbing the low bar and then swinging down.

Yep, that was it. The bail at 0:25.

Is it called something else without the half twist? If the girl just swings forward and sort of flips her body in the air and catches the low bar without doing any twisting? Because it seems like I've seen that before and thought it was so cool looking. But not to handstand. Just grabbing the low bar and then swinging down.

That's sounds like a Pak salto. It's named after a Korean gymnast.

Not sure about the JO code but an Overshoot that lands in handstand is a D, If it lands out of handstand it is given a C. One of the JO code experts will be able to explain better as I think the value can also change in JO if it comes from a handstand on the HB

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back