What level does your competitive team start at?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD's program starts at Level 2 and there is not currently a preteam. They had one at one point. Right now they just invite out of rec and one-hour invitation-rec classes and take kids trying out from other programs which is how DD came in. DD has a friend who I believe is likely to join DD's team next year but has not been at this gym -- I think her mom will let her try out and I believe she will be accepted based on her progress in rec classes elsewhere.

I do wish there was an option close by to not compete level 2 and skip the fancy long sleeved leo / rhinestoned warmup (which all the gyms had at the only meet we've done yet). I mean jeez louise, a $172 outfit? The girls are beautiful and would be beautiful in a $60 leo and $40 warmup. IMO.

If I was to move her to a gym that started competing at level 3 or level 4 I don't think I would save money though. Our tuition is ultra-competitive. Director is awesome and the location / times are convenient.

I don't want to be horrid but I do want my daughter to be doing this because she loves gymnastics, not because of over-fancy extras. DH's opinion is a bit more strongly expressed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back