What should I put in gym bag?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

misshoneybee

Proud Parent
This might sound ridiculous and I apologize for my complete ignorance, but can someone tell me what I should put in my daughters locker at the gym - perhaps a "must have" list (think athletic tape, neosporin, etc.)?

She is working out 3 days a week for a L4 recreational team. This week she got her first blisters on her hips from back hip circles. She does not have a pair of grips yet.

I am trying to be proactive and put a gym bag together for her that has a bunch of stuff in it to address any rips, etc. that she might encounter instead of having to respond to the situation "after the fact" - I would like to be prepared for as much as possible so if something happens in practice the week before the meet I have the supplies on hand.

Is there a good website out there to buy this stuff? If you can't post the link please PM me.

Thanks in advance for all of your time.

Thanks for the list. :)
Laughing at the glitter. :) That would be so much fun! Our coach won't allow the girls to do glitter. They are supposed to be void of any makeup or hair stuff and no nailpolish/toenailpolish or jewelry. They are very natural looking.
On rips-I use Lansinoh cream on her hands. :) It works but she says it is emabarrassing. LOL

i would put neosporine(sp?), tape, prewrap,BAND AIDS!,extra hair stuff(brush clips hairspray),bottle of water,some snacks,glitter(optinal),a couple of bucks(for emergancy),extra leo and shorts,tanktop, thats all i can think of at the moment

I used to keep everything but the kitchen sink in my gym bag and when I actually needed something, finding it could be quite a challenge! If it seemed like a good idea, I would just chuck it in.
Some stuff I actually used- first aid kit (band aids, tape, neosporin, gauze, nail clippers), some balloons (if you tape them over a rip it sometimes help reduce the friction between the bar and rip which makes practice with a rip a little more bearable), hair stuff (hair ties, clips, nothing too fancy), any kind of wrist/knee/ankle/whatever supports, a water bottle- make sure it does not leak! One time my water bottle leaked all over the inside of my gym bag at a meet and my grips were soaked. I found out before we went to bars luckily and my dad had to sit on my grips to try to dry them out.
Just start out with a few of the basics and as time goes along you will realize what things are most important for your daughter, what she uses/needs most, and what she really can do without.

My dd doesn't have a lot in hers. She has a grip bag, which has grips, wristbands, and a water bottle. Other than that she has her warm-ups, a change of clothes, and a healty snack (like grapes and crackers).

MamaofEnS

I think she should have : Tiger paws (wrist guards), grips, <------(possibly), prep tape, tape, teospron, goss, change of clothes, leo, hair clips, scrunchies ect, and a water bottle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back