Parents What to do with all these medals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a great problem and I'm hoping to get some advice from the board here.

My daughter recently finished her second competition season and, I'm proud to say, has racked up a huge number of medals over those two seasons. I had installed a hook in her room for them a little way into her first season, but now that hook is overfull!
Eight to ten meets per year, with the vast majority of them sending her home with 4-5 medals each... times two years! I'm not even bothering with the ribbons from her invites (I have a thought that maybe we can put together a scrapbook someday and stick the ribbons in there).
Trophies aren't a problem. She only has 5 or 6 of them and they easily fit on one shelf in her room. The medals though.. ugh!

I know I can rely on the awesome gymnastics community here to give me some good ideas for what to do with all of the medals your gymmies have earned. I'd love to see pictures too, if that's easy to do. Thank you! :)

We hung a curtain rod in D's room adn slid all the medals on that. It looks cool, and still has room for more seasons.

My Dad bulit a shelf around my DD's bedroom at about the height of the top of the door to put trophies on and it has wooden dowel pegs below the shelf to hang things on she has one wall that she puts her gymnastic stuff on and the others have other things like her favorite stuffed animals that she will never get rid of, her collections of things etc. As her gymnastic booty has grown so has the space they occupy lol.

She started with a "tie rack / belt holder" from home depot attached to the wall. You can get those in the wire shelf area.
For the medals it worked great but for the trophies not so much.

When I danced, we'd display the medals/trophies for a little while, then I used to put them in a folder. I'd attach them to a the certificate that went with the competition with a sticky fixer and put the certificate in an a4 plastic wallet. These medals however, didn't come with a ribbon attached! Might be nice to do something similar once your dd is happy to take them down off display though, maybe!

My Dad bulit a shelf around my DD's bedroom at about the height of the top of the door to put trophies on and it has wooden dowel pegs below the shelf to hang things on she has one wall that she puts her gymnastic stuff on and the others have other things like her favorite stuffed animals that she will never get rid of, her collections of things etc. As her gymnastic booty has grown so has the space they occupy lol.

I would really like to do that, but most of her walls are either a very large closet door or windows. If she had more flat surface walls in her room, then that would definitely be my first choice. I love the way the one shelf she has looks and the medals she has now hang on a hook below it (albeit in a large mass that doesn't look very good).

How much space to you want to devote to display? I really like these holders by level, but you would have to devote more space-

Lizatards Gymnastics Medal Display Holder Rack (Level 5) : Medal Holder Rack & Awards

Otherwise, I like this one and it would hang a lot of medals in less space-

Lizatards Gymnastics Medal Holder Rack Triple Bar : Medal Holder Rack & Awards

Thanks for the links! I agree, the level ones would take up a lot of space, but the gymnastics one looks really nice! Do you use those?

We bought a coat rack that goes on the wall with 8 hooks in a straight line. It was much cheaper ($15 or so) and there are so many options out there to match the decor. We got ours at the Container Store, but I've seen similar at Target.

We too did the curtain rod so she can keep expanding it as needed. I didnt know about the other cool websites that have the custom hangers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back