WAG When live scoring doesn't work..vent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

littlegirlsdream

Proud Parent
It is very annoying when there is "live" scoring and no scores are up! When they are 2 events into a meet there should be something! :mad:o_O

Yeah, that is frustrating. When it works, it's great. But it often is a bear to get set up properly (and keep it up!).

Yup! My DDs state meet is this weekend and my DD was trying to following along with her teammates scores. No luck. I think of her (now) seven meets this season, only two had the live scoring working properly. It's a tad frustrating.

seems like the gymnastics live scoring and online record keeping market still has room for better options, doesn't it?

At my dd's state meet one year, not only did the live scoring not work, but the scoreboards were not working at all for her first 3 events. We didn't know any of her scores until the end of the meet.

Love live scoring when I'm not at the meet. Hate it when I'm there. Too much of a distraction.

I think next season our boys' coach is going to ban cell phones and other electronic devices for his athletes at meets.

Love live scoring when I'm not at the meet. Hate it when I'm there. Too much of a distraction.

I think next season our boys' coach is going to ban cell phones and other electronic devices for his athletes at meets.

I get the point in that...but man, without his music today I am not srue D would have made it through high bar! He definitely needed some "alone in my head" time! However, they are not allowed to use their phones during the meet at all!

We parents don't get to know any scoring until an email arrives a few days after our competition and is given out to the parents drives me nuts

We parents don't get to know any scoring until an email arrives a few days after our competition and is given out to the parents drives me nuts

They don't flash scores? All meets here, even the smaller in-gym meets have electronic scoring with scoreboards.

One guy was checking MSO during the meet and saw in the middle that he was about eight places out from qualifying for nationals. The coach said he then kind of gave up even though he did have a shot.

So I guess I'm in favor of music but against internet!

One guy was checking MSO during the meet and saw in the middle that he was about eight places out from qualifying for nationals. The coach said he then kind of gave up even though he did have a shot.

So I guess I'm in favor of music but against internet!

Yeah, I don't like my dd to look during the competition, and she gets how that can mess with her head so she doesn't look until she is done with last event. I kind of miss being surprised at awards...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back