Who has matching training leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does your team have matching training leos as well as your competition ones? How commen is this? I have seen some clubs that do, and they wear them to camps and on special occaisions, or just every day. If your team, or your DD's team does, are they the same as the competition leo, but sleeveless? How often do you wear them? How much do you pay for them? Does the entire team get them, or only certain levels? Do you have a picture that you could show? How often do you get new ones?
If your team doesn't, would you be willing to buy one? (let's say for about the price of an adverage leo, 50$) Would you like that idea?
I an thinking about asking my coach if we can, but I don't want others to be upset about the idea if it where to be accepted, so I'm asking here first to see what you think.

DD' team has 'warm-up' leo's. they are tank leo's. they wear them to practice on monday's and sometimes to the first few meets if it is really hot out still.

they will also wear them if the do a performance somewhere

My oldest DD has gone to two different gyms. Both gyms have a team practice leo.

At the first gym, all levels (developmental through level 10) bought a matching leo. They were required to wear them on Fridays. We paid $30 for them. They were just tank leos from GK/Adidas. This gym gets a new "practice" leo every Fall.

At our current gym, all team girls (level 3 through 10) are required to get a tank leotard with the team's name in rhinestones on the chest. These will be $45 and will be used for shows, exhibitions, and team pictures. I think the level 3s will wear them for competition also (they only have 2 meets). Level 4+ get a "blinged out" longsleeve leo for competitions. From what I hear, this gym keeps the same practice leo for several years. This will be the first year for the current style.

Our gym has a plain purple velvet GK leo that everyone has to wear on Saturday. I personally like the leo- it is comfy, fits well and only $16.50! Some of my teammates really hate wearing them for some reason, which I think is stupid.

My gym had matching warm up leos that the whole team purchased. We wore them as our warm up leos for meets, of course, but we could just wear them to practice whenever we wanted. We were not required to wear them any particular day of the week. They were tank leos and they looked nothing like our competition leos, our coaches just picked them out cause they thought they were pretty. Our competition leos were velvet and our warm up leos were made of the thin lycra-type material. When I was competing (five years ago), every gym did this in my area. I was not aware that any teams did NOT do this; I thought it was required to wear matching warm up leos to meets. They cost about standard leo price (maybe $40ish) and we got new ones every year or every two years.

We have schedule from Sept thru June with what color leo on what day of practice. We put in an order during the Summertime to order workout leo (velvet tank) in the specific colors and they do a bulk order from GK that makes each leo about $20.00. If you don't want to purchase the leo you are allowed to wear a leo of your choice in the specific color for that day's practice. There is always one "optional" day each month where girls can wear whatever.

At DD's old gym they had a team leo day which was always on Saturday.

yes at my gym every tuesday our team wears a purple adidas team practice leo. my old gym didn't do the team practice leo thing, but my current gym uses them for certain practice days, exhibitions, etc., but not meets.

We have schedule from Sept thru June with what color leo on what day of practice. We put in an order during the Summertime to order workout leo (velvet tank) in the specific colors and they do a bulk order from GK that makes each leo about $20.00. If you don't want to purchase the leo you are allowed to wear a leo of your choice in the specific color for that day's practice. There is always one "optional" day each month where girls can wear whatever.

At DD's old gym they had a team leo day which was always on Saturday.

It's a good way to get some cheap gk leos, obviously (do other gyms do bulk orders for simple gk styles? i love that). But requiring a certain colour for each day does seem a bit odd. what's the point?

Does your team have matching training leos as well as your competition ones? How commen is this? I have seen some clubs that do, and they wear them to camps and on special occaisions, or just every day. If your team, or your DD's team does, are they the same as the competition leo, but sleeveless? How often do you wear them? How much do you pay for them? Does the entire team get them, or only certain levels? Do you have a picture that you could show? How often do you get new ones?
If your team doesn't, would you be willing to buy one? (let's say for about the price of an adverage leo, 50$) Would you like that idea?
I an thinking about asking my coach if we can, but I don't want others to be upset about the idea if it where to be accepted, so I'm asking here first to see what you think.

They have a warmup leo that is a tank. Its navy blue velvet with the initials of the gym in rhinstones on the front. They usually wear them at demos in the summer or warmer months. They wear them at some of the Clinics the attend and any thing they attend as a team other than sanctioned meets. The comp leo has navy, regular blue and white but I don't know what it looks like as it hasn't arrived yet. the gym got a new design this year and it's a big secret only the owners supposedly know what it looks like.

The pre team girls get the warm up leos to do all their practices in. Usually the L4 girls will use them for meets in the Sep - Dec session. When Jan comes that's when girls will either quit or continue. Those that continue will purchase the long sleeved leo.

Most of the gyms I know of seem to have a short sleeved warmup type leo for events other than meets. Most however dont' get the custom ones they choose one of the simple GK off the rack ones that have the colors of the gym so it can be closer to $30for them.

They sell them throughout the year with different designs - basically a tank leos in different colors and patterns that say our gym's name on the chest. We're not required to purchase or practice in them so it's not like we're a giant matching squad. I don't have one cause they didn't have the one I wanted in adult sizes and I was too lazy to order it. We also sell sweatpants and shirts and tank tops and stuff with the gym's name and logo in glitter on them. I bought a tank but it hasn't come yet!

Well i compete in highschool gymnastics and we only wear matching leos for warm-ups at meets and competition other wise we wear what ever we want . We bought our warm-up leos from gk. I think it looks a lot better when you are matching at meets, even warm-ups for meet's it makes you more of a team.

The gym where my DD goes all of the preteam and team girls do have matching training warmup tank leos. Some of the teams have more than one, depending on how many days they train. There's a set schedule as to exactly which leo to wear on each day. And there's always a day each week they are allowed to where any leo they chose, doesn't have to be a team leo. That's my DD favorite day. These team training warmup tank leos costs $50 to $60 each.

At my daughters gym they do not have matching warm up or practice leos. They wear whatever they want for practices. They wear their competition leos for pictures and other team events like exhibitions.

My dd's team all have a black tank leo with the gym's name in rhinestones on the chest. They wear them every friday, which is a team only practice day...no rec kids are there. It really helps them "psych up" and enjoy being part of the team. They also wear them for team photos, etc, because the different levels (4, 5/6 and optionals) have different competition leos. This way, they all look like one big team. The pre teamers also have them.
They are relatively inexpensive,($30). All of the rec kids or anyone for that matter can buy these leos in "colors"- and they do, but the black ones are for team/pre team only.

We have a workout leo. It's pretty simple stylewise, but it does have our logo instead of the brand logo on the hip.

They can wear them to workout whenever they want if they want, rec kids can also buy them (or kids who move to team after the long sleeve comp leo order goes in), and they wear them for workout at nationals, anything we do in the community, any multiple day meet, and competitions that are just too hot.

At my gym, the team girls go to a meet out of state, and they get a free leo from the meet. On certain days the team plans to wear the leo, but they are not forced to.

Dd's team has a couple of practice leo's that they wear for special occasions such as when judges come to do evaluations. Otherwise, they just wear them when they want.

The gym my dd attends has a tank style exhibition leotard. They are the same color as their compeitition leotard, but different material and no stones. I think the ones that have the gym name in stones would be cute. The girls exhibition leotard can be worn to any practice but it is not required. The girls wear them when they are doing a show, parade, or when the gym asks the girls to come in and do exhibitions for the recreation meet. I think they are a great idea and they generally cost a little less than other leotards in AB's gym drawer.

Our gym sells leotards that are plain with the gym's name on the front. The leo comes in various colors but nobody is required to wear one( we all have them in different colors though) Our team does have a competition leo that we wear to all our meets and that is long sleeve

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back