Parents Woodward Team Coach Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone. My daughter is currently at Woodward with her team. I assumed that the team coaches would work with the girls during Open Gym but that has not been the case. Her coach just looks in on them every once in a while. Was I wrong to assume that? If your daughter has been to Woodward as part of a team, did her coaches work out with the girls? If so, did they use a separate gym or fight for time in the same Open Gym that everyone uses? It doesn't seem that there's a whole lot of gymnastics going on for my daughter at least. Although I'm sure she's having fun roaming the campus with her friends :)

Old HC went with her girls and was allowed to work with her team only in open gym, not during the structured workouts. Yes she had to fight for space during the regular open gym time.

She also said that compared to IGC the girls have the opportunity to do so many things instead of gymnastics, so the girls often did as little gym as possible and spent their time doing tons of neat stuff.

They did have a blast though.

IGC is similar when it comes to coaching, coaches who go there with their team spend time learning skills etc and not working with their team. In fact they are kept quite separate.

My gymmie went to LO for several summers with alot from her gym and coaches. Her coaches were only available to help them during the optional afternoon workout since they were also on the coaching staff for the week. Actually my gymmie liked having the week to work with other coaches and get new tips/ideas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back