10 things I miss about gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I thought we could post the 10 things we miss about gymnastics...the old scoring system, gymnasts, skills, so fire away:D

1. Artistry in floor routines!
2. A variety in vaults
3. The perfect 10.0
4. A variety of tumble runs
5. Anna Pavlova
6. Tumbling out of whips
7. When you didn't know who was going to win because one step could make all the difference.
8. When you couldn't win an event final without sticking the dissmount.
9. When all team members had to compete on every apparatus in a team final
10. World championships with Team and AA

1. World Championship with team and AA
2. Having good friends on my team
3. Having to be almost perfect in order to win in a major meet.
4. A variety of vaults
5. Domoniqe Moceanue
6. Moments like when Kerri Strug vaulted with a broken foot.
7. A variety of tumbling runs
8. Not being aloud to have those weird opera noises in floor music!!
9. The classic style of the Russian gymnast's.
10.Taking bigger risk's on beam (the new code doesn't allow you to really do that)

But...I like the new code better than the perfect 10...i think. It allows for gymnast's to do harder, bigger tricks to be rewarded for it. But a gymnast who falls shouldn't medal!! (chung fei).

Haha, all 10 of those took me about 15 minutes to think of!!

I miss the perfect 10 system too ... I'd only like the new system better if they posted start scores along with actual scores to make it meaningful (or better yet - post separately like in ice-skating).
But mostly I miss intersting variey in bars routines. A bunch of giants with a release and pirouette here and there with a quick touch on the low bar is sooooooooooo repetitive!!
I also regret the number of bonuses now awarded to "dance" moves which inspire so many to include things like double/triple piroutettes which are almost always done badly ... and are so dull ... and take time away from potentially interesting choreography.

1. I miss a fall being 0.5. not really good to discourage falls, but man i hate it when i fall off and i lose 1.0, damn it.
2. I miss knowing exactly what you got for execution.
3. a variety in vaults, ie every vault not being a yurchenko 1 1/2, double or amanar.
4. I miss when the bars were close together,even though i wasn't born then i like them better that way.
5. I miss people the changes in the code which don't reward people for doing cool bar mounts, causing us to see almost nothin other than kips.
6. I miss people actually doing stuff on the low bar
7. I miss awsome beam mounts like front tucks, roundoff layouts, etc. There still in the code but are not worth as much as they should be imo.
Im out of ideas now before i got to ten :)

1. the 10!
2.the changes in the code this year
3.aristry in floor routines
4.not having to stick your tumbling passes without stepping out
5.Domoniqe Moceanue
6.Moments like when Kerri Strug vaulted with a broken foot
7.more unique vaults and bar routines every lvl 7 has they same bar routine.kip cast hanstand clearhip suat on kip cast handstand giant giant flyaway
8.Taking bigger risk's on beam (the new code doesn't allow you to really do that)
9.more interesting coragraphy
9.I miss awsome beam mounts like front tucks, roundoff layouts, etc.
10.When you didn't know who was going to win because one step could make all the difference

1. When you had to land your vault on your feet (not knees) to win third place in the olympics
2. The perfect 10.0
3. The artistry in beam routines
4. The choreography actually fitting with the music on floor
5. Front handpring and tsuk vaults
6. Artistic beam and bars mount
7. Nadia Comaneci
8. Kerri Strug
9. Gymnasts with fabulous form ( i mean you watch their exeution scores and they arent that great)
10. And definately bars without all the giants (close together)

And I want to see more mens highbar like Jonathan Horton.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back