Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

2018 Nastia Liukin invitationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisbeth

Proud Parent
Sep 22, 2013
Country
USA
Does anyone know when the list of qualifying invitationals will be posted?

CMA25

Proud Parent
Jan 31, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
I haven't seen an official list, but several meets have it listed on their website that they are a Nastia cup qualifier for next year.

Reactions: phenom_dad

Seeker

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 30, 2012
USA
Country
USA
Yes. Elite qualifiers are meets that have specific sessions for kids trying to qualify Elite. Nastia Liukin is for JO L10's and while there may be some meets that have both an elite qualifier and are a designated Nastia qualifier, the list is not the same.

Reactions: FlippinLilysMom

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
Jun 7, 2016
Region 4
Country
USA
Ok, thank you for that info, I did not know the difference between the two. So are there usually a lot more Nastia Luikin cup qualifiers? It looks like there are only 4-5 elite qualifiers.

Seeker

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 30, 2012
USA
Country
USA
Ok, thank you for that info, I did not know the difference between the two. So are there usually a lot more Nastia Luikin cup qualifiers? It looks like there are only 4-5 elite qualifiers.
Yes -- there are a lot more meets that have Nastia spots than there are Elite qualifiers.

MeetDirector

Proud Parent
Oct 13, 2008
Country
USA
Nastia qualifiers are for JO level 10's, not elites. Never the twain shall meet between JO L10 and elite; completely different.

Reactions: Seeker

AWOL

Proud Parent
Nov 4, 2014
Country
USA
L10's can participate in both the Nastia and Elite qualifiers I believe.

nastia1

Coach
Coach
Aug 19, 2009
It is just level 10 unless they go elite later in the year and also scoring is j o rules

Seeker

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 30, 2012
USA
Country
USA
L10's can participate in both the Nastia and Elite qualifiers I believe.
Yes, they can -- as long as they haven't competed elite yet. But the question was about the schedules of Elite Qualifiers versus Nastia Qualifiers. The list of meets offering each option is not the same (although there may be a few meets with both)

Reactions: B&M's mom

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Apr 18, 2015
Country
USA
No Buckeye Classic this year...interesting

wandrewsjr

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 4, 2009
Country
USA
No Buckeye Classic this year...interesting
Have always wondered how they pick. Even more Region 1/3/8 heavy than usual. At first glance looks like one meet in Minnesota and one in Kentucky are the only Region 2/4/5/6/7 meets in the whole series. Does seem weird to have no Ohio/Indiana/Illinois/Pennsylvania meets in the series, such strong level 10 programs in those states. A brand new Southern California Invitational making the cut is also interesting.

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Apr 18, 2015
Country
USA
The Kentucky meet is actually sponsored by CGA so is pretty much Ohio. I was surprised that Buckeye wasn't one this year...it typically is and is a large meet.

Reactions: wandrewsjr

Seeker

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 30, 2012
USA
Country
USA
I heard they are changing they way they allocate the Nastia meets to spread it around. No specific meet can have it 2 yrs in a row. Every meet selected gets 1 Sr and 1 Jr spot.

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Apr 18, 2015
Country
USA
That does make sense because there are only 18 this year, whereas the last few years there were 23-25.

GAgymmom

Proud Parent
Judge
Oct 25, 2010
Country
USA
I heard they are changing they way they allocate the Nastia meets to spread it around. No specific meet can have it 2 yrs in a row. Every meet selected gets 1 Sr and 1 Jr spot.
But there are several on here that were on the list last year. Is that going forward?

Reactions: Traci
Status
Not open for further replies.