Dream of competing but struggles with an invitation only team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I am 13 years old and I LOVE gymnastics and have recreationally done gymnastics since I was 5 at a recreational only gym and I switched to a different gym at age 12 which has a competitive team and it has been my dream to make the team but unfortunately the team is invitation-only and I want to compete so bad does anyone have any tips for getting invited to a team?

Does your gym have an Xcel team? If so, you should ask the coach about it and what skills are required to compete.

I suggest asking your gym and other gyms in your area the process for joining team. Gyms are usually invite only but many will grant a tryout to an interested athlete. You may find that you are too old for some programs…DO NOT take this as discouragement! Cast a wide net. Xcel or another competitive stream may be a better option for you so keep an open mind.

My DD started gymnastics late. She was a fast learner and had good form but she did not receive an invite for team. After 2 years of lessons I asked about team and she started on Xcel a few months later. I learned that she was not invited earlier because of her age. It took me letting the gym know she had an interest.

Your around high school age, does your high school have a team? Many of those teams allow girls to compete from all skill levels.

Your around high school age, does your high school have a team? Many of those teams allow girls to compete from all skill levels.
I am in middle school, but I looked up the high school that I will attend next year and unfortunately they do not have a gymnastics team but thank you for suggesting that

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back