Off Topic American Road Trip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

iamagymbabe

Coach
Gymnast
So, i'm thinking of going on a road trip round america after university, so in 2016. Long way off yet! But anyway, which places are absolutely unmissable? I definitely want to go to Forks (Twihard, lol), but what other places should i consider?? :D

If you're going to go out west, there's a little town in Southern Utah called Kanab. It's amazingly beautiful in it's own right (was where a lot of the classic Western films were shot) but from there it's a short jaunt to Zion Ntl. Park, Bryce Ntl Park, and the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Oh, and Antelope Canyon too... Google it. It's amazing! One of my favorite areas on the planet...

Last year my family flew into San Francisco, and drove through CA, UT, and finally ended at Yellowstone National Park. We flew back home at a small airport in Idaho, the whole trip took about 2 weeks. Salt Lake City in Utah is beautiful, and the redwood forests in CA are incredible. However, my favorite part of the trip was yellowstone. I think that's a trip definitely worth taking.

Oh, and Antelope Canyon too... Google it. It's amazing! One of my favorite areas on the planet...

WOW, Antelope Canyon is amazing! I'll defiantly add it to the list! Thanks for all the other suggestions too, I'll keep them in mind. :D

If you're going to go out west, there's a little town in Southern Utah called Kanab. It's amazingly beautiful in it's own right (was where a lot of the classic Western films were shot) but from there it's a short jaunt to Zion Ntl. Park, Bryce Ntl Park, and the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Oh, and Antelope Canyon too... Google it. It's amazing! One of my favorite areas on the planet...
I love Kanab! I spent my spring break there last year volunteering at Best Friends and it's absolutely stunning with lots to do in and around it- and I love all of the places you mentioned. Zion is spectacular. Moab, Utah is on the other side of the state (SE) but also really beautiful, it's where Arches National Park is as well as lots of outdoor activities. I only got to spend a few hours there and want to go back. Mesa Verde in Colorado is beautiful as well.
I lived in Utah for 3 1/2 years and the state as a whole is spectacular. If you head north in the state there aren't the notable national parks, but it's a totally different landscape. Instead of desert you have snow-capped mountains and much more green and the same number of outdoor activities. Bear Lake in Northern Utah is pretty and fun for summer activities- swimming, boating, camping, those types of things and right along the Idaho border- so you can work your way towards Yellowstone and destinations north.
If you're in the NW (which you would be for Forks), Oregon is beautiful. Driving down the coast is really pretty, lots of beach views and wildlife and fun places to stop along the way. Heading inland, Portland and Eugene are both great cities. Portland is great, but I tend to prefer Eugene, it's really quirky. If you just wanted to drive down the west coast the Pacific Coast Highway in California is fun.
Some other places I love in the US are NYC, Washington DC, and Philadelphia (all big cities with big city amenities but also lots of history). I also love Vermont, New Hampshire, and the surrounding area- lots of outdoors stuff, wildlife, and beautiful.

Can't miss the beautiful flatlands of Iowa. Actually, just kidding, it's pretty boring here. We do have a cow made out of butter, though. Also Shawn Johnson and Gabby Douglas.

I would see San Francisco and go by the Mission district and the piers. It's really beautiful and also exciting! there's an observatory somewhere in San Fran where you can see almost the whole city plus a lot of fog. I've never been to the Alcatraz prison, but that might be cool if you can stand the wait.

Everybody talking about Utah is right. The land formations there are super cool! I went to the little town of Moab and the national park near there, but the whole state is cool. As for what else is on the West Coast...if you're really into Hollywood movies you can go to Southern California but otherwise I'd stay away. Los Angeles is a strange, strange place. The swimming/surfing scene is apparently nice at San Diego and Santa Monica. I tried surfing once and it was really weird!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back