WAG Are NCAA women gymnasts getting taller?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

actual reality, the best bar and high bar workers in the world are taller, ecto body types, long arms and legs no torso.
That explains why my gymmies have bar issues... long torsos - luckily, YG started to grow into hers with her arms and legs getting a little longer.

and what John doesn't know about our sport is that if a kid grows up in our sport, body changes are mitigated thru conditioning. they may be 'off' for a short time but the body eventually adapts to the athlete's new body metrics.

Of course John knows this. John believes this is a situation felt by every athlete in every sport. John also believes this is a discussion forum based on opinions. Yours is usually appreciated.

if a kid grows up in our sport, body changes are mitigated thru conditioning. they may be 'off' for a short time but the body eventually adapts to the athlete's new body metrics.

the important thing is having coaches that will support them through these growth spurts, and not relegate them to the "also ran" groups during the difficult time so that they stay in through to "the other side",

says the mum of a soon to be 14 year old who has grown 4 " this year

actual reality, the best bar and high bar workers in the world are taller, ecto body types, long arms and legs no torso.
Yes, the best female uneven bars workers - like Khorkina, Liukin, Tweddle, Mustafina - are 5'3" to 5'5".... "tall". Even the best male High bar workers - Deurlo, Zrbic, Zonderland, Hambuchen, Leyva - are 5'5" to 5'8". I agree with the ecto, long arms/legs discription, but still can't wrap my mind around describing adult human beings of that height as "tall".

Yes, the best female uneven bars workers - like Khorkina, Liukin, Tweddle, Mustafina - are 5'3" to 5'5".... "tall". Even the best male High bar workers - Deurlo, Zrbic, Zonderland, Hambuchen, Leyva - are 5'5" to 5'8". I agree with the ecto, long arms/legs discription, but still can't wrap my mind around describing adult human beings of that height as "tall".
Lol as someone who is the "short" one in my peer group and at 5'5" towers over Beth Tweddle I agree wholeheartedly

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back