Parents Blizzard..... HELP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD is killing us we have been out of the gym for almost a week. We have equipment at the house and DH has put a ban on it. Afraid if DD makes a mistake we can't get to the hospital. This is killing her. She is eating non stop and no work out. She has started doing crunches once an hour because she is so bored and with a beam calling her name and a bar and her Daddy yelling at her if she touches it we are at a catch 21. WE need snow to go away so DD can release some energy. The snow is so deep it is level with the platform of the tampoline.

I have litterly put DD on a snack schedule because she is eating out of boardom. Are any of you having this problem?? We have a total of 72 inches of snow from two storms and up to 6 foot snow drifts and it is still snowing!!!

LOL, DD missed Sat (for snow) and Monday practice (B-Day), went to gym last night and off tonight. Hope to get her back in for her Thursday, Friday and sat practice. She's driving me nuts too but thankfully BFF is sleeping over and they've been out playing in the snow for HOURS! Does your DD ahve a friend close by that can come over & occupy her? We have another snow day tomorrow so hope my hubby can take them all sleding. We didn't get as much as you did. The last storm didn't hit us here in Central NJ, but the one last night into today dropped about 15 inches already.

No friends with in drive. The roads are so bad we can't get out. DD even wants to go on her beam in the yard that the snow is surrounding it 3+ feet in the air and DH wont let her on. She swears it is perfect to do walkovers on I believe she would be fine she has it on the house beam but DH has denied her. Kids don't have a hill to go sled riding on we are so just stuck. It is so cold right now the kids didn't even go out and play because of the wind.

Honestly DD is so light she is walking on top of the snow and it isn't even moving. All this white is calling her name like GIANT mats in the yard. I have no clue how to keep her busy when all she wants to do is flip.

We are stuck in the snow too although we are in the city. After daughters meltdown over her meet being cancelled she did have practice Monday but now tonight with the new storm practice is canceled again i hope the gym opens for Friday. Today we were taking a walk in the snow and daughter was doing cartwheels and roundoffs down the street. She also said the snow was a big mat then both my girls decided it would be fun to dive off the bed of their dad's truck into a big snow mound. Tell your daughter to practice doing handstand holds around the house my daughter is doing them also and I think they are fairly safe.

I hear ya--same situation with us--we have about 50+ inches and 6ft high snowdrifts as well. DD was able to get a good practice in on Tuesday at the gym. My kids have been playing a little in the snow but mainly just running around the house driving me crazy!!! They played the Wii for a while but quickly get bored with that. We are supposed to have a meet Saturday--we'll see how that goes.

Have you tried making a hopscotch out of colored tape on the carpet??? This may keep her occupied in a safe way. And don't worry about the snacking--what else are snowstorms for??? And she is only 6 or 7 right? No need to be putting calorie restrictions on a kid that young!!

We are not doing quite so bad, as the first storm missed us entirely, and the second storm only sent us about a foot and a half.

DD has been doing all the things on the conditioning schedule that she can do at home (we don't have stall bars or a rope) so she is doing crunches, press handstands from various positions, leg lifts from clear support.

Do you have any exercise videos she can dance along with? DD has also absconded with my pilates video (which is okay, I hate pilates anyway!)

Challenge her to work on her conditioning. I realize it isn't as fun as flips, but it's just as important!

Snowbound

Do you have a wii? When its too cold etc here that sure helps my kids!
have her do handstands and stuff like that! Time her doing them! put some tape on the floor to make a beam so she can do things on that maybe!

Put the music on and BOOGIE!!!! You can all get down on it, I'm sure ven Dad can bust a few moves.

Can we have our snow back please? We kinda need it for the Olympics!!!

We kinda need it for the Olympics!!!
Bog, you're on the wrong coast to worry about the Olympics as far as snow goes. :rolleyes: Now, ice they will need to work on for all the alpine runs.:cool:

You're right though, we sit at the border with these last few fronts that came through. We ended up with only a few inches from all the storm combined. That said, it was a great day out with the 6 inches or so of freshies (though wet) that we had. So far, this was our 2nd "storm" of the season. How about you guys?

We haven't had significant snow, as in more than two inches, since Dec 9th. We had a nice amount before then. On Jan 20th we had a huge rain event and we lost so much snow. We probably have about 6 inches of hard packed snow everywhere. Just got back from x-country skiing, -5c and sunny, it was divine but we really need some snow. I live in a major ski resort and it is very hard to prmote the region when we have had no snow.

My friend lives about five minutes from Cypress mountain in Vancouver and all it has done there is rain for weeks, they'll be skiing on trucked in snow this weekend.

I know in other places huge snow events are paralysing, but we love them here and are totally prepared for them. Ah well, such is life.

Even though you have no snow, you still got the frigid temp that Quebec is known for. I guess 1 out of 2 ain't bad. ...heehee

I guess I haven't been keeping track of snow conditions on the Pacific coast getting ready for the big games. WOW! I wasn't expecting that.

We have been stuck for over a week and had over 80 inches of snow. DD has been conditioning on her yoga ball but this has been insane. The beam and the bar has been teasing her. DH wont even let her do handstands till today for fear of a mistake. She is so happy that she is going to make it to practice tomorrow. DH has told me to schedule privates all I can to get DD caught up.

As for all of you in Canada Bring the trucks down and get this snow out of here. I am so sick of seeing snow it isn't even funny. Olympics come and take all the snow you want. We are susposed to get more Sunday/Monday I don't want a single more snow flakes.

I'm in Canada too and we had one no bus day for school but schools were still open. Very mild winter for us this year. Vancouver needs the snow and they are forecasting rain. One of my kids said the trucked in snow costs $1000.00 per truck you might make some money LOL

One of my kids said the trucked in snow costs $1000.00 per truck you might make some money LOL
Funny you mention that because I always thought dump trucks were huge (especially when I'm driving behind one) until I saw them dumping snow onto the slopes. I can't even imagine what it cost to run these games just by snow transportation alone. To be honest, I think the $1K per load is quite reasonable. Unless there is snow nearby, the trucks have a long way to travel.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back