Parents "But I will brake my neck, mom!!"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

guest301

Omg!! I was so speechless. This was pretty much my first time seeing crazy gym mom in action. Her 6 year old girl is pretty new to our class. No idea how she ended up in 5-6 year old advanced class to begin with. She can't do any of the stuff like at all. She gets very sad and sometimes crys. One day she refused to finish the class because it upseted her that all girls can and she can't. Well they took privates for a month and now she is tiny bit better but so far behind the rest.
Anyways here is the scoop... She was doing a backbend on the wedge mat and couldn't do it by herself. Her mom yelled at her to keep trying. Poor girl was ticked off and screemed, "but I will brake my neck!!!". The mom yelled back, "just do it"!!!

Omg what was that??

Yep that is definitel a CGM! She (the mom) obviously cares more about her child advancing, catching up than the well being of her child. If a 6 y.o. is afraid to do something in fear of hurting herself, I don't think she should be pushed to do it (just my opinion). The mom is going to push her DD away from the sport if it becomes too stressful to her. Well if the little girl continues to fall behind or continues to be afraid of the skills performed in the class, than hopefully the coach will talk to the mom & move her back to the reg rec class for little longer. But if It's a CGM, then that might be out of this particular coachs control :/

Sounds like the gym needs some walls/windows. That's not the reason we chose our gym, but it did cause us to not choose some other gyms.

Poor kid. :( It is obvious she's not comfortable attempting that skill alone, and as trivial as the skill may seem, when a six year old is worried about breaking her neck the mom needs to back off and let the coach handle it. Mom is going to give the child major anxiety.

Glad the girl is smart enough to not attempt something she can't do! The coach needs to have a talk with that mom. And I'm guessing the girl ended up in that class because the mom forced the issue.

Mom needs to evolve or face the music in about 6 to 8 years when her dd starts treating her the same way. The scene the O.P. painted illustrates one of the reasons kids "quit for no reason" when the're just emerging as an accomplished gymnast. Really..... what child want more of that when the stakes are increasing each year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back