WAG closing eyes on back tuck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MUTigerMom

Proud Parent
My daughter just came back from practice. She said, "I keep landing my ROBHBT on my knees." When I asked what her coach said, she said, "He told me it is because I keep closing my eyes! I think "keep your eyes open, keep your eyes open, but I just keep closing them." (By the way she is being spotted on these)

She is Level 3, so she has time to get this skill. Is this something that will get better with just time and practice? Any ideas or suggestions for her?

I honestly close my eyes for a short time when doing a back tuck it is a habit that I have been unable to break, however, I have them open at the beginning and the end so that I can spot the landing. If she is landing on her knees she could not be setting high enough of the tuck which wouldn't give her enough time to flip to her feet. Another possible problem could be that she isn't rotating enough fast enough for the flip. Which involves many different ways to fix. However I can not be sure without seeing a video.

I'm pretty sure I close mine every time I watch her.... I'm sorry I just couldn't resist. I really spent most of last season squinting and hoping she landed it. :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Instead of just saying keep my eyes open, she should look for certain things, both on the set and before the landing. (Before the landing she should see the floor and on the set, something in front if her so she dies not throw her head back too soon.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back