Connections in USA level 2&3 tumbling passes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
We're in the process of turning our trampoline team into a full tramp and tumbling team, and I could use some clarification on how the connections in the lower-level passes are supposed to work.

First, in the cartwheel-roundoff connections in levels 2 and 3, how exactly is the entry into the roundoff supposed to be executed? Do they enter sideways, like a side cartwheel, or should they square up to the front as they come out of the cartwheel in order to face forwards for the roundoff entry?

Second, how does the forward roll step out in the level 2 pass work? Do they come out on one knee (like a corner transition in a men's floor routine), do they stand up on one leg, or do they stand up with both feet and then step forward?

If anybody knows where I can find videos of well-executed level 2 and 3 routines, that would be extremely helpful; my google-fu has thus far turned up nothing.

The code of points doesn't specify, unless I'm missing it somewhere. I don't know if there are official routine videos; the package/training we got from USAG was just for trampoline.

the gymnast finishes the cartwheel facing the start of the mat with their arms up, they then (leaving their arms up) rotate 180• on their toes to face the correct way and continue with the round off. The connection is supposed to be seamless going straight into the round off. The arms go around in almost a fan-like manner leaving the floor from the cartwheel, coming up by the gymnasts ears then straight back down to the ground for the round-off.

With the forward roll step out - the gymnast finishes the forward roll and stands up on one leg then steps forward with the other.

edit:
this is the front roll step out used in tumbling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back