Coaches Double checking level 6 floor routine composition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coachAJ

Coach
Hi everyone! Canadian coach here constructing a routine for my athlete who will soon be competing level 6 WAG. She’s been having some mental blocks on back tumbling lately but can do a beautiful front tuck walkout to roundoff back handspring. I want to make sure this pass properly fulfills SR 1. I have included a screenshot from the code here. SR 1 calls for an acro pass with 3 directly connected elements, 2 with flight. To my understanding, the front tuck and back handspring both have flight. I just want to ensure that the 3 elements are considered directly connected. If the pass is front tuck walkout to roundoff back tuck, this would be considered an INDIRECT connection of 2 SALTOS, but a DIRECT connection of 3 ELEMENTS, right?
To clarify, the whole routine would be:
-front tuck walkout to roundoff back handspring (SR 1) A+A+A
-front pike (SR 2) B
-switch split to straddle jump (SR 3) B + B
-full turn (SR 4) A
7 elements, 4 A, 3 B

Just want to double check with other coaches who follow this code that this routine will start from a 10! Thanks!
IMG_7289.png

My gym does round off back handspring back tuck/layout for L6 so the front tuck ro back handspring would work since you just need the elements in l6, no direct required anywhere I’ve ever seen so SR 1 is good. The rest your good, pretty standard L6 routines rather than the first pass.

My gym does round off back handspring back tuck/layout for L6 so the front tuck ro back handspring would work since you just need the elements in l6, no direct required anywhere I’ve ever seen so SR 1 is good. The rest your good, pretty standard L6 routines rather than the first pass.
The text they sent did say "directly connected"
Also, I am curious: does round off not count as element with flight for you? In our system (adjusted FIG international system) it counts as flight element.

It does, and I was reading and even a round off bhs x2 could work so they have the flight elements either way, order doesn’t matter in this case.

It is "3 directly connected acro elements"

That’s where I’m a little confused. Walkout passes are considered an indirect connection of SALTOS. But aren’t all the ELEMENTS in this case connected?
This- L6 does not require a direct connection of flight to Acro and either way it’s still there round off is an Acro- sam value as a BHS. Doing a bhs at the end does not affect anything b/c all elements are still connected the same value and connection way if that makes sense.

If the pass is front tuck walkout to roundoff back tuck, this would be considered an INDIRECT connection of 2 SALTOS, but a DIRECT connection of 3 ELEMENTS, right?

You are correct.

Front tuck step out RO-BHS is a good pass for Level 6... works fine for the rules.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back