Costs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Scotsgirl

Proud Parent
I always gasp when I see posts from the US and Canada about the costs of going to competitions etc, am I being naive here ? as so far we have only had a few wee competitions a year and these have not cost much at all . Now dd has been on another pathway since summer she could be preparing for compulsory 5 next year or compulsory 4 the following year, is this when you would be expected to get hit in the face with huge bills for these competitions ? :O thanks

If you are going to go down the elite route, then yes it will get a bit more expensive, for example she will have to do more hours (although I don't know what she's doing now) and it's likely that she will be doing many more competitions than she does now, which will vary in price locals ones will not be too bad I wouldn't have thought but national/British competitions can be £60+ entry plus spectator tickets which can be £20+ but in no way will it be as much as the Americans pay! I look at the prices they pay and honestly I don't know how they afford it as I'm sure they are not all loaded in money!

Thanks , this has made me feel better I can live with this . She is doing 11 hours just now but Im guessing after christmas her hours could go up, maybe not if she isnt doing compuslry 5 next year our club doesnt always compete this . Other girls on the same pathway who are a year older than dd do 20 hours over 5 days and their fees have not went up that much so heres hoping .

Travel costs from Scotland and hotel bills will rack up for any national competitions. If you are representing your regions your entry is usually paid by them. Time off work will definitely be a factor at times.

Regional kit can be expensive to buy but some regions hire it out.

In general yes your competition costs will go up the year she does compulsory 4 as compulsory 5 doesn't have a national final. You should be ok til then.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back