County Grades

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xxStumpyxx

Proud Parent
Anyone have any info on County Grades? My daughters group is apparently doing County Grades and County/Regional Competitions.

What info do you want? I find it very confusing after attempting to educate myself on more than one occasion it's still not easy to understand lol

What info do you want? I find it very confusing after attempting to educate myself on more than one occasion it's still not easy to understand lol

No it is not easy to understand, I am just after basic info:

What these Grades are?
How many levels are there for example 1-6 or are they numbered a different way?
What the moves are for each Grade/Level and if there is Range and Conditioning in each Grade/Level?
Are the any other gymnasts (parents of) or that does County Grades?

I hope that is not asking the impossible lol

I think it depends on your County. The County we were in did 4 piece grades (no range and conditioning).

They appeared to be in the following order:

Grades 4 - 1
Pre-level
Levels 5 - 1 ( I think)

I'm not so sure about the levels, hopefully someone else will have further info.

Locally Grade 4 requirements were slightly below Regional 14, with no music required for a very short floor, but I can't give any more information on elements.

It might be worth checking on the website of the club hosting the grades to see if they have any information.

My County is Suffolk and Region is East, no information on the East Region website (on Brotish Gymnastics), Suffolk Gymnastics has a Facebook page with no info on it and no website, the only thing I have found to do with County Grades in the East Region is Herts Grades, Hertfordshire County Gymnastics has a great website with a lot of information, just my luck to be in a county with no information. I guess if I can't find any information out then it is no big deal , I am bound to find out sooner or later when they start to work towards whatever Grades etc they will be doing, I am just curious as to what my daughter might be doing. If she does a floor routine with no music then I will admit to being disappointed as that i what I have always wanted to see, my daughter doing a floor routine to music.

Knowing what goes in routines is the coaches job, so generally rules aren't published. They'll be sent directly to coaches, or be behind the bg coaches firewall.

Overview of eastern region for you (I'm in Norfolk):

For competitive, you've got Club/Regional grades 6-1 and compulsory levels (spring) and voluntary levels 7-1 (autumn time).

For recreational, you've got county levels 1-6 (summer), regional apparatus (autumn), plus extra smaller competitions such as tumble and trampette.

The county levels, any gymnast at any age can enter, which is why its good for transitioning from recreational to competitive.

Routines for county levels, I know there is a list of moves allowed to compete at each level, I'm not sure what they are, but I'm pretty sure you get to pick and choose which ones to compete (from what I've seen anyway)

Hope that's of some vague help!

Overview of eastern region for you (I'm in Norfolk):

For competitive, you've got Club/Regional grades 6-1 and compulsory levels (spring) and voluntary levels 7-1 (autumn time).

For recreational, you've got county levels 1-6 (summer), regional apparatus (autumn), plus extra smaller competitions such as tumble and trampette.

The county levels, any gymnast at any age can enter, which is why its good for transitioning from recreational to competitive.

Routines for county levels, I know there is a list of moves allowed to compete at each level, I'm not sure what they are, but I'm pretty sure you get to pick and choose which ones to compete (from what I've seen anyway)

Hope that's of some vague help!

Thanks that helps a little, County levels are probably the ones. My daughters trains 3 times a week and does 7 1/2 hours, is this too many days/hours to be considered a recreational gymnast, there are a few competitions they cannot do as they do to many hours unless the rules have changed.

Thanks that helps a little, County levels are probably the ones. My daughters trains 3 times a week and does 7 1/2 hours, is this too many days/hours to be considered a recreational gymnast, there are a few competitions they cannot do as they do to many hours unless the rules have changed.

I believe levels are open to any gymnast as long has they haven't passed any club grades or voluntary levels (but I may be wrong!).
The regional apparatus comp, that's definitely limited to less than 4 hours a week.

As far as I'm aware, the reason they say it's recreational is because it's not on a BG pathway (unlike grades, voluntary levels, compulsory etc). But, that's what I've been told by other gym mums, so it may be a bit of a grey explanation!

I believe levels are open to any gymnast as long has they haven't passed any club grades or voluntary levels (but I may be wrong!).
The regional apparatus comp, that's definitely limited to less than 4 hours a week.

As far as I'm aware, the reason they say it's recreational is because it's not on a BG pathway (unlike grades, voluntary levels, compulsory etc). But, that's what I've been told by other gym mums, so it may be a bit of a grey explanation!

Thanks, I have heard of General Gymnastics but the competitions are aimed a low hours gymnasts. I am happy at the moment with my daughters hours, she is coping just fine with them and it is not burning her out and she is progressing quickly compared to when she was on two days a week, on her current hours she still has spare days for other interests if she wants to do them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back