Gymnasts county competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i have a county comp THIS sunday and i've had my routine for about three weeks now. i've fully learnt it but whenever i practice it at gym i seem to always go ahead of the music instead of staying in time. i never have this problem when i'm at home even when i do the exact same thing, just without the skills. i've even added some extra dance in to waste time which works at home, but not gym. i really need to fix this before sunday because i don't have practice tomorrow. could anybody help? it's only the last twenty seconds where i start to get out of time and i'm not sure why

Have you set music cues to help you slow down. Most people get to excited and end up going faster in front of others. I tell me girls to listen to the music and make sure they hit their cues add a quick breath in if early

Have you set music cues to help you slow down. Most people get to excited and end up going faster in front of others. I tell me girls to listen to the music and make sure they hit their cues add a quick breath in if early
yes i listen out for the beat of when i'm supposed to start my next skill/move but it never really works. i've did my routine a few more times figured that if i take a 2-3 seconds to present once i've finished my required elements then i'll most likely finish on time. if that doesn't work out then i'll probably try to extend the length of my arabesque into handstand into the worm at the end and hope for the best :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back